Apologies

(Phantom x Sodo)
TW: self harm, blood

"Sodo! Please, I said i'm sorry!" Pantom yelled from outside Sodo's door as tears spilled from his eyes. Phantom sat down outside the door, his knees up to his chest as he sobbed.

Sodo and Aether were a happy couple, they spent most of their time together watching horror movies, drinking energy drinks and smoking weed, sometimes they would even snuggle up together. That was until papa IV announced that two ghouls would be leaving. Those ghouls being Aether and Sunshine. Sodo was sad about Sunshine becuase they were somewhat close, but when the news broke about Aether. Sodo was devistated. The two spent almost all of their time currled up in eachothers arms. When Aether finnaly had to leave sodo screamed and cried not wanting his mate to leave. It took Sodo almost three months to finally come to terms with the situation.

About a week later, two new ghouls arrived. One was a short multi ghoullette named Aroura and the other was a Quintessesnce ghoul. He was somewhat tall and skinny, he had short black hair and his eyes glowed purple. Just like Aether's... Sodo felt a sting of pain in his chest but he ignored it. Phantom and Sodo became somewhat close, they would sit next to eachother at meals and talk to eachother when they had a problem. Until today. Today was the one year aniversery of Aether leaving and Sodo was not happy. He was in the kitchen eating pizza when Phantom came in and playfully swatted him on the back of the head. "What the hell!?" Sodo yelled. "Sorry sodo i didn't mean to hurt you." Phantom said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "No! Don't even fucking start Phantom! Ever since you got here you've been nothing but a pain in the ass! We'd all be better off if you just left!" Sodo was seathing at this point, but Phantom was not about to back down. "Your so mean to everyone who tries to be nice to you, its honestly getting on my nerves! Maybe if you weren't such a bitch Aether wouldn't have left!" Sodo was taken aback, his eyes widened and tears were starting to form. Phantom realized his mistake and instantly tried to apologize. "Sodo I-" But it was to late, sodo was already halfway to his room.

When Sodo got to his room he slammed the door, locking it behind him. He heard some talking from the other side of the door but the ringing in his ears blocked it out. Sodo went to his  bathroom and took a blade out of his drawer. Back when Aether was still here, Sodo promised him he would stop cutting. But like Phantom said, Aether wasn't here anymore. He took the blade, putting it up to his wrist and making a clean cut down his wrist. Sodo watched as the blood ran down his arm, staring at the thick red liquid running down his arm. A small smile creeped onto his face as he made another cut.

Phantom was taken out of his thoughts by a strong sent of blood. His eyes widened as he stood up and tried to open the door. "Sodo!" He tried the handle again. When he couldn't get it open he yelled out for sodo one more time before stepping back and shoving himself into the door, opening it and following the smell to the bathroom. When he opened the door, he saw Sodo on the floor holding his wrist in his hand, blood pouring out of a large cut. "Sodo!" Phantom ran over to Sodo, taking the blade out of his hand and throwing it onto the counter. "Sodo look at me!" Phantom took Sodo's face in his hands, there were tears stains on his cheeks and his eyes were red from crying.

"Does Aether really not love me?" Was all Sodo was able to get out before more tears began to well in his eyes. "No. He loved you more with anything in the world, I just... I just lost my temper. I'm sorry" Phantom was rubbing Sodo's back comfortingly. "Can I wrap your cuts?" Phantom asked softly. Sodo nodded, grabbing some bandages and rubbing alcohol. Phantom began cleaning and wrapping Sodo's cuts as gently as possible. When Phantom was done he carefully picked up Sodo and set him on the bed. "I'm going to clean the bathroom." Phantom began to walk back to the bathroom when Sodo grabbed his wrist. "Please don't go." Sodo said, his voice raspy and quiet. Phantom crawled into the bed with Sodo, adjusting their position so Sodo's head was resting on his chest. They stayed like that for half an hour before Sodo eventually fell asleep. As carefully as he could, phantom moved Sodo and got out of the bed and made his way to the bathroom to clean up the blood. When he got back in the bed, phantom put Sodo back into their previous position. Sodo's head lying on his chest. "I love you" phantom whispered before drifting into sleep himself.

853 words

A/N: This is chapter was more platonic but the next chapter will have more of a romantic ship :)