| CHAPTER ELEVEN |

Authors note: this chapter has descriptions of the preparation of drugs and usage. This will be the only warning I give, but this warning may apply to future chapters.

CHAPTER ELEVEN - INJECT

Davina was sat in the middle of Daryl's bed, awaiting his return with the supplies he had gathered. It was almost midnight, and the room was pitch black beside a small table lamp that sat upon a stool that Daryl used as a nightstand.

Daryl entered the bedroom and placed a handful of items onto the stool.

Davina was filled with nerves as she watched him prepare the items. "Do you know how to do this?" she asked cautiously.

Daryl nodded as he lit a candle, "Yeah, seen Merle do it a few times. Even got me to inject him before," he mumbled casually.

Davina chewed at the inside of her lip and watched as Daryl held the spoon over the candle; she took a shaky breath as he handed her the packaged syringe and hypodermic needle to open.

Her hands shook as she opened the packaging and removed the cap, "here," she whispered.

Daryl drew the liquid from the spoon up into the syringe, "you sure about this?" he asked as he removed his belt from his ripped jeans. "You can change your mind?"

Davina shook her head, "no, I want to."

Daryl eyed her carefully, searching for any sign that she was lying or any hint of regret, but he saw nothing. She appeared intrigued. He wrapped his belt around the top of her arm and pressed his thumb down against the veins in the crease of her elbow.

She observed him, taking in every move he made.

She took a deep breath as he raised the syringe, "you ready?" he asked, stroking her hair out of her face.

"Yes, do it, Daryl," she ordered eagerly.

Daryl pierced her arm with the needle, injecting the drugs into her veins. He watched as she let out a long sigh and a laugh as the heat rose in her body.

Daryl removed the needle quickly and threw it carelessly onto the stool. "On your side, Dee," he ordered, but she was out of it.

A huge smile was etched across her face; her pupils dilated so much he could no longer see the colour of her Iris.

"Come on, Dee," he ordered as he forced Davina to lie on her side. He laid down behind her, wrapping his arms around her body. "Good girl," he whispered, rubbing his hand up and down her arm before pushing her hair from her forehead, which was already beginning to drip with sweat.

_____

Davina awoke to the blinding daylight spraying through the windows. She squeezed her eyes shut, groaning as a pain shot through her head.

Her mouth was dry, and she was drenched in her own sweat. She felt the heavy weight of Daryl's arm draped across her side.

The last thing she could remember was the room temperature rising and the messy room vanishing from view.

It was the best sleep she'd had in months, years even. Despite feeling slightly nauseous and in desperate need of water, she felt good.