| CHAPTER FIVE |

Authors note: not overly descriptive, but triggers may apply.

CHAPTER FIVE - BLOOD

Rick had been struggling since his argument with Shane at his kitchen table. On the one hand, he knew he had taken it too far by sleeping with Davina; on the other, he didn't have a single regret and was desperate to see her again, but over the last three weeks, he had texted a dozen times and called twice, and he hadn't heard a single word back.

While on patrol, he drove down the streets he knew she visited, even going as far as to drive past the Dixon household to see if he saw her, but he always ended his shift defeated and worried.

Rick knew that Shane had now spoken to Tara about Davina and that Tara was in the process of contacting Davina to start the referral for the rehabilitation and housing programme. Still, he could not know what was going on without arousing suspicion.

In some ways, he didn't care if anyone found out that he had sex with a local prostitute, but he also knew it could easily be the end of his career. He would soon lose the respect of his superiors and the locals, and he was losing hope that Davina was worth the risk, considering she wouldn't even contact him.

He felt like a love-sick teenager sitting by his phone, hoping to see Davina's name pop up on the screen.

He tried to wait it out longer and wait for her to come to him, but a week later, he found himself on the Dixons porch after his last shift of the week, waiting for someone to answer.

The door creaked open, and a pair of eyes gleamed through the cracks.

"What do you want?" a male voice demanded. Rick knew it wasn't Merle, so he assumed it was his brother Daryl.

"I just want to see Davina," Rick replied calmly. He knew both men had a bad attitude and a love-hate relationship with the police. "I just want to know she's okay."

"She's not here," Daryl replied shortly before attempting to shut the door.

Rick quickly jammed his foot between the door and the frame. "Where is she? When will she be back?" Rick asked, this time his tone more insistent and demanding.

"Some Motel she left a few days back," Daryl grumbled.

"Do you know which Motel?"

"How the fuck should I know? Now move your fucking foot out my door," he hissed.

Rick removed his foot and was quickly greeted with a slammed door.

His visit hadn't gone wasted. He just needed to find out which Motel she was at, just in case.

_______

Davina lay alone on the crumpled-up sheets of the Motel bed. It was the same Motel as before, but Merle had paid for her to stay for two months upfront; she knew she wouldn't have been allowed to book another room after the state she left the previous one in.

She had told Merle what had happened with Rick and how she was feeling. She just needed space and promised to pay him back however he wanted. He declined her offer. He didn't want sex or money anymore; he just wanted her to be happy.