| CHAPTER TEN |

CHAPTER TEN - ALONE

It had been three months since Davina left Rick's house and never returned. He was devasted and didn't hide it. Everyone had started to notice.

Shane had tried to encourage him to go for drinks and forget his troubles. Leon had attempted to befriend him to convince Rick to join him for some drinks with their other work colleagues. Even Sheriff Oldham had pulled him into his office in an attempt to get Rick to accept time off work, but to no avail.

Despite his blurred look on life, it hadn't gone unnoticed to Rick that Tara Chambler refused to look him in the eye. She made excuses to leave when he entered the room and had gone so far as to swap shifts to avoid being on patrol with him.

He assumed it was because she was helping Davina and was worried he would question her on Davina's whereabouts and how she was, but Rick didn't have the energy.

He was emotionally drained and lost. He had spent many nights sitting in his car, willing to drive to Daryl Dixon's home and find Davina, but he never made it past the driveway.

Rick knew the way he was acting wasn't in his nature. It was out of character, and it made him feel weak and pathetic every time he thought of Davina. She plagued his thoughts every single day.

He would patrol the streets, and his heart would almost stop when he caught a glimpse of any dark-haired woman, but he was always left feeling empty when he realised it wasn't the woman he was desperate to see.

It was eleven days until Merle Dixon would be sentenced for the murder he didn't commit, and Rick knew it would be a difficult time for Davina and Daryl. He wanted nothing more than to be with her and comfort her, but he was Coward. He didn't want to go against what she had said in her letter.

_____

"Hey, Officer Chambler, it's good to see you again," Michonne Horthorne called out as she saw her friend approach her office. "How are you?" she asked, greeting her with a hug once she was close enough.

Tara half-heartedly smiled, "I'm alright, same old, how are you? Heard some pregnant woman went a bit crazy on you."

Michonne sat behind her desk, and Tara sat on the opposite side, "yeah, it's okay. Times are hard, I hold no grudges, and she's getting the help she needs now," Michonne smiled positively.

Despite Michonne's past, she was always positive and cared for everyone. She was always wanting the best for them. It was why she created the Rehabilitation and Rehousing Programme.

After her abusive marriage with a very wealthy man went south, leading to him being shot dead by the police, Michonne used the inherited wealth to fund the charity. Years later, she had sponsors from around the country supporting what she does and some setting up their own programs in other states.

"So why are you here? We don't usually see you until Fridays?" Michonne questioned in a curious tone.

Tara sighed. "So you know Davina Cooper?"

"The Lady you referred some months back?" Michonne questioned.

"Yeah, that's the one. I just want to - I need to know how she is. I shouldn't be telling you any of this, but I know you can be trusted."