Losing Myself

Peter offered to retake the night shift tonight and see Aunt May some other day but I declined. While I appreciate the offer, I feel like a night patrol would be helpful, as well as just being outside by myself for a bit. I don't want to sit around and mope about what happened and just do nothing, I still have a responsibility to these people nonetheless. Was it a good idea? Should I have let him take tonight's patrol? I don't know to be honest... I don't know how to feel anymore. I just have to come to terms with what happened today and find a way to move on, lest I hinder my performance as a hero. I continued swinging throughout the New York night, looking for some trouble. It was a rather quiet night, which is actually very surprising especially when the city has the nickname "The City that Never Sleeps". All of a sudden, I heard some cries for help.

"Get off me!" I heard a feminine voice nearby scream out. I quickly turned my head to see an alleyway where a lady was trying to fend off a lone robber. Well this should be easy and quick. I then tried shooting a web to that direction but something was wrong. I made the hand gesture but nothing came out!

"Oh no," I said as I was midair. I desperately tried shooting from my other hand, then from both at the same time but nothing! I then noticed that I was quite high up in the air and found myself to be descending down quite rapidly. Before I could even try to think of a way to soften my landing, I fell down on top of a parked car, back first, with immense pain overwhelming my senses.

"Arghhh..." I groaned, "My back!" I rolled off the car, trying to process what the heck just happened. I looked down to my hands and tried shooting a web again, but to no avail. What is happening to me? Why are my powers not working? Wait! The lady! I have to save her! I then made a full on sprint to the alleyway, just a couple of steps away from the car that I crashed upon but it was too late. All that was left was an unconscious lady. The robber won and now he's nowhere to be seen!

"Please be alive!" I told myself as I rapidly checked for a pulse. Thankfully, she had one and was merely just knocked out. Still, it's best I get her to a hospital... wait I can't. My powers... they're malfunctioning for whatever reason! I have to worry about that later, I have to find somewhere or someone that is capable to get her to the hospital! Thankfully, there was a nearby person walking about with a cellphone, and so I asked them to get an ambulance right away. And so they did, the lady was still unconscious by the time the ambulance arrived, but she's in good hands. Still, the robber got away and I just can't help but feel like this one's on me... I don't know what happened back there but this could have easily been avoidable! That's two fuck ups in a row Y/N, good job! I slid down and sat against a wall, putting my head down. What is happening? Why is this happening? Wait, is it just my webs? Are my other powers affected too? I lifted a dumpster nearby to check my strength and I was still able to carry it, however I did need to put in some extra effort into it. Now, what about my wall crawling? I tested it on the wall and I was able to get some distance above the ground, right before I found myself slipping and landing on my ass. Well guess that answers my question, what's happening? Was it something I ate? I don't remember doing anything that could have compromised my powers... so why am I like this?