Meeting the Doc

It was finally the day where we can meet the so-called scientist looking to make a breakthrough in fusion reactions. I'm not particularly excited for this but at least it lets me hang out with my brother and Peter y'know?

"Be on your best behaviour Y/N." Harry smirked as we approached the entrance to the building to which I rolled my eyes.

"You should be grateful I'm even accompanying you and Pete to this. You know how I feel about science" I groaned.

"I'm sure this will be interesting. Come on, it's fusion, it's really cool stuff Y/N." Peter said.

"Oh yeah, very cool. Suuuuure"

We were greeted by one of the scientists who seemed to be on of the main doctor's assistants and were accompanied by him as he led us to the top floor. Upon stepping foot on the top floor, there were a number of machinery set up to the side as well as some curtains covering a larger machine as it was being worked on by some workers on the other side of the room.

"Doctor? Mr Osborn's here." The scientist called to the main doctor who was tending to something on his desk. The doctor turned around to reveal himself, setting aside his goggles. He looked to be around his 40's and was clearly lacking some sleep as he looked exhausted from working. Guess that's what science does to you.

"Nobel Prize, Otto!" Harry announced as we all approached him, "Nobel prize, and we'll all be rich."

"It's not about the prizes Harry," Otto said as he shook hands with my brother while Peter and I just stared at the two awkwardly, "Who are these two?"

"This is my sister, Y/N" Harry introduced me to which I shook Otto's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you" I politely said.

"Likewise" Otto nodded.

"And this is my best friend. This guy got me through high school science."

"Peter Parker, sir" Peter shook Otto's hand, "I'm writing a paper on you for..."

"Yes yes, I know what you're doing here but I really don't have time for students right now..." Otto interrupted, which resulted in my brother clearing his throat, "... but Oscorp pays the bills so..."

"That's right. Well I have to take off, board meeting and all." Harry said to which I raised my eyebrow.

"You're leaving?" I asked.

"Aww does my sister want me to stay? As much as I'd love to, being the head of Oscorp demands a lot of my time. Besides, you got two geniuses to keep you company" Harry winked to which I scoffed, "Anyways, I'm leaving now. Nobel prize Otto! We'll see you in Sweden!" to that, my brother then exited the building, leaving me alone with the nerds.

"Interesting fellow, he is" Otto said.

"We won't take much of your time" Peter began

"Parker, now I remember you."

"You know him?" I asked.

"Oh yes. He's Connors' student. He tells me that he's brilliant" Otto praised.

"Oh yeah that's definitely him alright" I chuckled.

"He also tells me he's lazy." Peter and I then frowned.

"I'm... trying to do better" Peter replied.

"Being brilliant is not enough, young man. You have to work hard. Intelligence is not a privilege, it's a gift. And you use it for the good of mankind. Same applies to you, Ms. Osborn." he then directed his attention to me out of nowhere. Well excuse me, I never wanted to be here in the first place!

"Honey, lunch is ready!" A woman around his age entered carrying some flowers with her.

"This is my wife, Rosie" Otto introduced her to us as we shook hands with her. "The boy here is Peter Parker, Connors' student. The one who falls asleep in class. The girl here is the sister of Harry Osborn, Y/N Osborn." The woman then smiled at us.

"Well I always did fall asleep in Physics. Pleasure to meet you both" Rosie said before walking away. Peter and Otto walked towards the machinery behind the curtains too, but honestly I didn't feel like following them or hearing whatever that thing does. Besides, both seem to be in deep conversations with each other so I'd pretty much just be third wheeling if I walk with them. I decided I might as well talk to Rosie while the boys go do their thing.

"Hey... Rosie was it?" I asked.

"That's me. Y/N Osborn, correct?" She gave me a warm smile.

"Yep that's me."

"Not interested in what my husband has planned for that machine, right?"

"Well..."

"It's okay dear, I myself don't understand it that well either." she chuckled and I smiled too.

"Yeah, I just tagged along because my brother and Peter wanted me to come. I'm not really a fan of science, no offense."

"None taken dear." she then dropped her smile a bit, "I know it's not my place to say, but I'm sorry about your father, he was a good man and New York mourned him greatly" I tensed up at the mere mention of my father. Horrid memories of that night years ago came flashing back to me. Her mentioning him was so sudden and I was caught off guard, but what should I expect considering he was New York's richest and well known man. Only thing is, no one else besides Peter and I knew his darkest secret.

"Yeah... he was a good man. But it's in the past" I brushed it off, hoping she would catch the hint to change the subject. Luckily, she caught on fast and stopped.

"I see. So, I'm guessing Peter is your partner huh?"

"Oh yeah. Has been for some time now. It's safe to say that I'm kinda in love with him"

"Love is a beautiful thing, no? I remember when I found out that I loved Otto, and it was over such a small thing." I raised my eyebrow in curiosity.

"What do you mean?"

"You'd probably laugh at this, but he read me poetry! It was a small act, but that was what won my heart." I smiled at the cute story.

"I don't think it's funny, Rosie. In fact, I think that's romantic."

"Did Peter do something similar?"

"You could say that. But really, I think he has won my heart ever since we were kids. I've been best friends with him for such a long time and always had this big crush on him but never really knew how to express it."

"Ah, crushes at such a young age can be such a pain, no? We get this funny feeling about someone but too inexperienced to actively understand it."

"Yeah, tell me about it. This crush persisted throughout high school until I finally had the guts to tell him when we graduated. That's when I found out he felt the same way since we were kids and he was scared too. It's kinda funny when talking about it now."

"What a beautiful story, Y/N. A tale of two would be lovers who never found the courage to express their feelings for each other until one day all is revealed."

"Got that right. Ever since then, we've been inseparable"

"Well seeing how you're here despite your disinterest in science all just to support your boyfriend, I think it's safe to say that the relationship is in good hands. You know, my story with Otto is not too different. The poetry bit was just one of many things in our story. There's a lot I want to tell you about Otto and I's journey"

"Oooo do tell."