He Knows Who I Am

Next Night...

Peter and I rushed through the hospital floor to find Aunt May immediately. It was all so sudden... poor May's house exploded and we got called really late in the night. Knowing Peter, I know he's blaming himself for this. I get that he has superhuman abilities, but there's nothing else he could have done. He couldn't have known this, so this self-blaming is unnecessary. We pushed through a bunch of doctors and nurses to get to May's room, and when we arrived we saw a sight that no one ever wants to see... poor old May in a frantic trance, panicking and yelling as the nurses try to calm her.

"Aunt May!" Peter cried out as we approached her bed as she continued to yell and cry frantically.

"Is she going to be okay? What happened?" I asked the doctor.

"You two need to leave now!" they pushed us out, not before May cried out something that would send shivers down our spine.

"Those eyes! Those horrible yellow eyes!" May cried out. We both stared off in shock as the door closed on both our faces. There was only person that we could think of with yellow, horrible eyes.

"Goblin..." I said softly.

"He knows who I am..." Peter said as his eyes were filled with horror. How does the Goblin know about Peter being Spider-Man? How close is this Goblin to us? First he knew my name, then he figured out to attack Peter's aunt? Who's he gonna go after next?

"Pete... what's gonna happen now?" I asked him as we sat in the chairs.

"I... I don't know. He knows I'm Spider-Man. He knows to attack Aunt May." he then turned to me, "He won't stop until he gets me!"

"I know... I just don't know what to do now that this has happened..."

"You can't be here, that's for sure. This is the only hospital near May's, so the Goblin knows that I will be here tending to May. There's also a good chance he will hunt me here, and I know it's not wise to stay but I can't leave May. Not yet at least."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm telling you to leave. If you stay here with me, you'll only get hurt if he hunts me down here. Go back home, you're safe there. There's no way he would know where I live... it's just impossible."

"But Peter, are you sure? It doesn't feel right to leave you here alone..."

"I'm sure, Y/N. I'll be fine. I just need to make sure May's fine first before hunting Goblin down myself. I can't take anymore risks, not when this has happened. I lost Ben, I could have lost May... I just don't want you to be involved in this."

"I... understand. Just be careful. If he does hunt you here, that'll be a tough one to handle because of all these people."

"I know... I just can't leave May yet. I'll leave to lure him out as soon as I can. If not, I'm sure I can handle him here." he smiled somberly. I held my hand onto his cheek and stared into his eyes before I gave him a loving kiss goodbye. Who knows how long I'll see him, it looks like he wants to end this before he can relax and go home.

"I love you, Peter."

"I love you too, Y/N. Stay safe." I grabbed my coat and left before glancing at his worried figure one last time. As much as I hate to admit it, he's right. I'm risking it by being with Peter and could be hurt since the Goblin can come here at anytime. Goblin may know my name, but I doubt he knows my relationship with Peter... at least that's what I keep telling myself to stay calm. I don't want to worry about any of that now though, I just need to head home and get rest. I exited the hospital and hailed for a taxi, and have been doing so for a while but it seems a lot of the ones that passed by were already occupied. After about 5 minutes, a taxi with fully tinted windows pulled up. I got inside and sighed heavily.

"Thank you, it's been a rough night." I told the driver who had a little window separating me from the drivers seat.

"It's no issue at all... Y/N." I heard a familiar maniacal tone. The driver turned around and revealed his horrible green Goblin mask, with the yellow eyes that haunted May. I screamed out loud, trying to escape the door but I was too light. He stuck his hand through the window and mist came pouring through. As I breathed, I could feel myself dozing off... with sensations being numbed as my head started drooping all the while I heard the madman's cackle.

"Sleeeeeeeepppp..."

Switching up the story a bit because why not lol.