ninety-two

[time skip. junho is about to go to preschool!]

"i want this backpack!" junho giggled as they went shopping for school supplies. namjoon did his best to not try to get junho to buy the cheap things and encouraged him to buy whatever brand he found most attractive.

"60 dollars for a backpack he won't use next year" namjoon mumbled into yoongi's ear, "joon, you said you wouldn't be like this" he spoke as he looked at the backpack junho picked out.

namjoon sighed, "i know, but that's kind of absurd. don't you think?" he asked, "no. use your brain, dr.kim" yoongi said before kneeling to junho's eye level.

"this is such a cute backpack! is this your ultimate choice?" he asked the small boy, "yes, papa! my backpack!"

"alright then! should we get the matching lunchbox?"

junho squealed as he grabbed it and hugged yoongi tight from how excited he was to buy all these new things! namjoon was not as excited and could throw up as he thought about sending his baby off to school.

first of all, they had decided to send junho to public school unlike jimin and seokjin who sent hyejin to a school that cost a whopping almost 4000 dollars a month. it's not like yoongi and namjoon didn't have the money to do so, they just didn't see how it was better. however, namjoon was worried about any outside costs associated with school and worried about how his son would be treated.

his son was small, not measuring like a 4 year old should. the doctors reassured the couple it would only become a problem if he didn't catch up, but namjoon still worried. yoongi? not so much considering he was short.

"appa! should i get the blue pencil case?" junho asked, yoongi looked into his eyes and communicated, 'don't mess this up for him', through a simple stare.

"of course! it matches your backpack!" he smiled, cringing at the thought of a 20 dollar pencil case for a prek student.

"i'll transfer you half the money" yoongi spoke as they drove home and saw namjoon's tight grip on the steering wheel, "don't worry about it" he reassured, "are you sure?" yoongi nervously asked, opening his banking app to transfer namjoon some many.

"do you think i can't afford things for my child?" he mumbled, "is that what you're feeling or is that what you think i think?" yoongi asked, he knew namjoon needed to look at thinfs away from his perspective, "both" he shamefully mumbled, "do you need me to remind you of how much money you have in your savings?"

"i know how much i have, i'm just scared. there's so many expenses associated with having children. i— can we talk about this at home? i don't want him hearing this" he whispered, "of course" yoongi softly smiled, happy that namjoon was willing to talk about it.

seokjin

how's our baby girl??!!

jimin

we have two daughters. which one?!

seokjin

wonyoung..

jimin

oh ur talking abt her doctor appt??

it was okay i was just rlly sleepy

seokjin

sorry i couldn't be there <//3