˚*❋ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐𝟖❋*˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ '𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧'

𝐓𝐨𝐦 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐥

𝟏:𝟑𝟓 ───────────── 𝟐:𝟏𝟖

𝐈𝐈

'𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐'

The race between life and death, continuous yet sometimes never-ending. Sometimes we forget to take a simple jog and enjoy the view, forgo the sprint as its never the last option. Today, that was different.

Two sets of heavy running thudded through the hospital walls, the pace quickening as both girls panted in and out, desperate to reach the end before she did.

And it was a good attempt, outsourcing death could finally be their thing, until it wasn't.

The taller girl got there first, her long hair swaying as she bent down to catch her breath, getting up only to find the nurses turning the monitors off, the noise of the omniscient abnormal beeping ringing in her ears.

The blonde-haired girl was next to arrive, doing the same as her eyes widened to find it was too late. The clock had struck midnight and it felt as if all living life form were eradicated.

"No... no no no, what happened, she was doing so well." Xera rushed forward, reaching out to hold the cold hand belonging to the almost dead girl.

Bada on the other hand blinked a few times, trying to control her breathing, one two three.

One two three.

One two th-

She couldn't help but race forward, cupping the girl's face in the palms of her hands, shaking her head as she repeated the word 'no' under her breath.

"She's fine, she'll be fine, we're going to be okay and grow old together."

She whispered, tears streaking down her face. "You hear me, we're going to be okay." The girl in the bed slowly lifted her face to Bada, smiling as she brought her shaking hand up to cup the taller girl's face.