chapter forty-three: Birth of the Lunar Eclipse Pack

"Hey, Cedar, have you thought of renaming the three packs?" Jett asked as they stood there, looking up at the stars. "We can try to rename it to symbolize our three packs becoming one." Cedar looked at Jett with a small smile. "That's a good idea. We can discuss that now."

"So any thoughts? What about your mother, Lily? Maybe we can name the pack after your mother and Phoenix to honor them." Jace pointed out, wrapping his arm around Luna's shoulders and pulling her closer to his warm body.

Cedar is never good at naming things, let alone a pack; he can't keep calling three packs: Solarflare, the Shadow clan, or the Lunar Pact; they are together as one; they are no longer separate but as one. As he thought about it, he had an idea—something that would honor not only his mother and Phoenix but also the two packs that had stood beside them. "I think we should call it the Lunar Eclipse Pack." He said it softly, looking at each of his pack mates in turn. "It honors Luna for her strength and guidance, Phoenix for his bravery and leadership, and it acknowledges the three packs that came together to form this one."

Jett nodded his head in agreement. "I like that name; it fits us perfectly." Luna smiled, wiping a tear from her eye. "Yes, I think it's a beautiful name. It truly honors everyone who has helped us get to where we are today." Talvi sniffled, looking up at Jett. "Do you think Phoenix would have liked it?" Jett smiled down at her, rubbing her back gently. "I think he would. He'd be proud of us." Artemis stepped forward, her golden eyes shining in the starlight. "Then let it be so, my friends. From this day forward, we shall be known as the Lunar Eclipse Pack. We will carry on Phoenix's legacy, honoring his memory and protecting one another. Together, we will face whatever challenges come our way." The other wolves nodded in agreement, their tails wagging slightly as they took in the new name.

"HAIL GODDESS ARTEMIS AND OUR HERO PHOENIX!" Cedar roared, raising his voice to the stars. The other wolves echoed his words, howling at the night sky in a show of unity and strength. As the last echoes of their cries died away, they all turned back to one another, their gazes meeting in a powerful, unspoken bond. They had chosen their name, and they were now truly one pack.