chapter thirty-nine: together as one

Phoenix leapt forward, landing on Solar's broad back. His sharp claws dug deep into the other wolf's fur as he threw his full weight against him. Solar howled in pain and surprise, struggling to regain his footing. Oak and Jett raced to join Phoenix, forming a deadly trio as they pinned the alpha to the ground. With a final, defiant snarl, Solar's strength gave out underneath his stocky frame, and his eyes glazed over. The other wolves watched in silence, their gazes flickering between Solar and Phoenix.

"we killed him," Oak whispered, her voice barely audible over the beating of their hearts. Jett nodded in agreement, his gaze still fixed on the fallen alpha. The other wolves in the pack began to approach slowly, their tails lowered and ears flat against their heads. They looked uncertain, as if they were not quite sure what to make of the situation. Phoenix, however, sensed a newfound respect emanating from them. He stood up, his posture straight and proud, and addressed the pack.

"your alpha is dead!" Phoenix announced proudly, surveying the faces of his pack mates. "But I am not your new alpha. I will not lead you, for I am not strong enough, or wise enough. We must find a new leader among ourselves, one who will guide us through the trials and tribulations that lie ahead." His voice was steady and confident, and the other wolves listened intently, their gazes locked on him. "I will serve our new alpha, and protect our pack with my life, as I have pledged. Whoever that may be."

Cedar thought that he, Phoenix and Talvi should co-rule as alpha among three packs that needed a new alpha, Ash stepped down from his power cause of him, Solar had fallen in battle, and Lark was dead. The packs were united and strong, and they could face any danger together. But then, Oak, who had always been a spunky one with good ideas, spoke up. She said that they should have one alpha, someone who would lead all three packs, and the three of them would serve that alpha as betas. The other wolves listened, nodding in agreement. It was clear that Oak had thought this through, and her plan made sense.

"I should be the main Alpha of three packs; the solarflare, the lunar, and shadowclan." Cedar says. He was a bit surprised, and he was a bit confused. He didn't think that Phoenix would want to be the leader. But, he was wrong. Phoenix thought about it for a moment and then nodded. "Yes, you should be the main Alpha of the three packs." He said. Talvi agreed as well. They all thought that Cedar should be the main Alpha. The other wolves nodded as well. It seemed that they all agreed. Cedar was going to be the main Alpha of the three packs. Phoenix and Talvi would serve as his betas. And Oak, Jett, and the others would serve as their betas.