Chapter fourteen: Reflections of Silver

Jett's Pov:

Jett doesn't understand why some wolves have silvery-white fur while others do not. It's not like they are albino or anything; they must have some corrections with Moonlight and Artemis herself. Nobody knows why they are different from others; he's heard stories that vary from them to being blessed by the gods or cursed by a vengeful spirit. He assumed it's just a genetic factor involved in this, but there's no such proof to back up his claim. It doesn't matter anyway; they are all wolves in the end, and their duty is to protect and serve their pack.

He lay underneath a tree, his gaze drifting from one branch to another. The forest seemed to come alive around him, with birds chirping in the distance and insects buzzing among the leaves. He closed his eyes, taking in the sounds and scents of nature, allowing them to wash away the weight of his past. His thoughts drifted back to the day he was born and how he was different from the other pups. He remembered how the other wolves would tease him, calling him names like "moon pup" or "Artemis' pet." It wasn't until he grew older and stronger that they started to respect him. He became the beta of the pack, succeeded by his father Solar. He had found his place in the world, and for a while, he was happy. But then came the fateful night when everything changed.

He had violent blackouts before, but he never actually attacked or killed someone during them. Lily happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time; he didn't remember anything, but he knew it had to be him. He was so sorry for what happened that he would give anything to take it back and undo the damage he'd done. But it was too late for that. All he could do now is make it right, protect the pack, and serve his duty as their beta. He swore to himself that he would never let anyone get hurt again and that he would be there for them to guide them and lead them to safety. He had to prove to himself, to Cedar, to Artemis, and most importantly, to Lily, that he was worthy of being their beta and that he could be trusted. He would make them all proud.