Chapter One: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Today is my birthday, and nobody even knows. I don't have any friends in this town. The only people who know me are my aunt and her children. Other people barely know I exist. If my mom were still alive, my birthday would have been celebrated. I wouldn't have to live with my aunt in the first place. It's so sad that she's gone. I miss her so much," he thought, as tears began to flow down his cheeks.

A few minutes later, he heard the door open. Without thinking twice, he knew it had to be his aunt and her children coming home. He hurried to the living room to help them carry their things, as that was part of his duty around the house. He did not want to give his aunt any reason to be upset with him, so he never waited for her to ask him to carry their things when they arrived home.

While he was carrying their things, Mrs. Adesanya's children stared at him with sarcastic smiles. He had grown used to it, so their expressions did not bother him.

Mrs. Adesanya had two children: Theresa, who was 14 years old, and Jacob, who was 16 years old. Both children attended the same school, and Jacob was in Senior Secondary School 1 while Theresa was in Junior Secondary School 3, preparing for her Junior WAEC. Mrs. Adesanya always picked them up from school on her way home from work in her car.

Mrs. Adesanya was well known among other businesswomen in Lekki for being a successful wholesaler of shoes, bags, and clothes. Before his death, her husband, Mr. Adesanya, was a senior officer in the Nigerian Army. For the past 10 years, Mrs. Adesanya had been a single mother, working hard to take care of her children.

It was now evening, and Meshach had been overworked. He had only a few minutes to relax. After washing the clothes of his aunt and her children, he was asked to wash the dishes, which he did. He didn't complain about any errands or chores, even though he was unhappy with the life he was living.

All the promises his aunt had made to his mother before she passed away were merely a pretense. His aunt's lack of sincerity was a bitter truth that he had to face. After weeks of living with her, he discovered that she actually hated his mother. She had gained his trust and wanted to mistreat him after his mother's death. All of this became clear to Meshach, but he felt powerless to do anything about it.

Later that evening, Mrs. Adesanya cooked dinner and everyone was served. Meshach was given a small portion of food, which he ate without showing any signs of dissatisfaction. He knew that provoking her would only make things worse.

As Meshach lay on his bed that night, he pondered his predicament. He needed a way to escape from his aunt's home, but he had no money or anyone to turn to for help. He felt trapped and hopeless. Suddenly, he thought of a possible solution. What if he could get a phone? He could post about his situation on social media and hopefully get the help he needed. But then he remembered that he had no money to buy a phone, and his aunt was not likely to give him one. It seemed like there was no way out.

Meshach's thoughts continued to swirl, and his frustration grew. Then, he remembered something.

When he first arrived at his aunt's home, he had noticed an old, dusty cell phone in a drawer. He hadn't given it much thought at the time, but now it seemed like a possible solution. If Meshach could find a way to charge the phone, he could use it to contact someone for help. But he wasn't sure if the phone would even work after all this time. Still, he held onto a shred of hope.

Dominick Ricardo

On a sunny day in Rio de Janeiro, Dominick and his girlfriend, Zara, are lounging on the beach. They're wearing swimsuits, relaxing in the warm sand. The sea breeze ruffles their hair, and they enjoy the calm sound of the waves lapping at the shore. Zara laughs as Dominick teases her about getting sand in her hair. They're having a great day together, and they're enjoying each other's company. Soon after, Zara sat beside Dominick in a loving embrace as they discussed their future together.

"My sweet Zara, I, your beloved can't stop thinking about our future together. I want us to get married next year. I think it's the right time for us to take that step," said Dominick.
"I agree with you, darling, but based on your current financial situation, that means we'll have to do a small, simple ceremony," replied Zara.
"No, sweetie, we're going to make your dream wedding a reality. I'll do everything in my power to finance our dream wedding. I have faith that things will work out. Just trust me, okay?" said Dominick, holding Zara's hand.

Zara thought about his words for a moment, then smiled and nodded.

"Okay, bambi. I trust you. And I'm so grateful for all you do for me. I love you." She leaned in and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.
"I love you too, my princess," said Dominick, kissing her back.
"I promise you, we'll have a beautiful wedding, and our life together will be even more beautiful. Just wait and see."
"I can't wait, bambi. Thank you for making my dreams come true," said Zara, hugging him tightly.

The sun began to set over the ocean, and a warm, golden light bathed the beach. The breeze grew cooler, and Dominick wrapped his arms around Zara, pulling her close. They sat in silence, watching the sun disappear below the horizon, their hearts full of love and hope for their future together.

The moment was perfect, and Dominick knew that no matter what challenges they faced, as long as they had each other, they could face anything. And as they sat there, holding each other close, he felt more certain than ever that their love would last forever.

The sky grew dark, and the stars began to appear. Dominick and Zara stayed on the beach, talking and laughing, until it was time to head back to the hotel. They walked hand in hand, enjoying the quiet evening and the warm, salty air. They were tired, but their hearts were full.

As they got to their room, Dominick gave Zara one last kiss, and they both drifted off to sleep, dreaming of the beautiful life they would build together.
And that was how their love story began, with a sunset on the beach, and a promise of a future full of happiness and love.