chapter fourteen: battery jasper

---

---

Thankfully, John B was alright. Well, sort of alright. He ended up with a killer headache, a concussion and a broken wrist. 

Brooklynn found it odd when John B had called her early in the morning and requested a ride to the wreck. Suddenly, he was living at the Cameron's so they were now neighbours.

Ward Cameron had rescued John B from his DCS situation and let him live at Tannyhill. It was a very awkward arrangement, but John B seemed pretty satisfied.

The pogues met up at the wreck and discussed John B's new living situation.

"The only reason I'm living there is because Ward bailed me out. And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, was where I was about to go if Ward didn't- "

"So do you have memberships to all the clubs now?" Pope interrupted. 

"I don't know, Pope," John B sighed.

"What about those little golf carts that they drive around? Do you get one of them?" JJ asked smugly.

"Does it come with a sweater vest, or do you have to buy one of those on your own?" Pope joked.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with Sarah. If you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah," Kiara said, surprisingly calmly.

John B groaned in annoyance, sitting down at one of the booths, "Do you guys see her here? No, right? Okay. A little focus would be fantastic."

"Right. What's this whole meeting thing all about?" Brooklynn said, sitting down next to him.

"We've got the map right?"

"Yeah, but it's all out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it," JJ said, pulling the map out of his pocket and unfolding it to lay on the table.

"It's not out of whack, JJ," Brooklynn sighed.

"The coast has changed," Kiara explained.

JJ rolled his eyes and sat at the opposite side of the booth. 

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed, right?" Pope asked.

"Right," Brooklynn confirmed.

Kiara scanned the map with her eyes before saying, "Battery Jasper."