chapter eight: true colors

! drug use ⚠

---

Unfortunately, Brooklynn had to head home after they left the graveyard. It was way past her curfew. Thankfully the rest of the pogues all explained what happened the next day on the boat. 

Inside the FedEx envelope was a map and a tape recorder. Big John's tape recorder. Big John had found the royal merchant. Said boat just so happened to have four hundred million dollars on it before it sank. The map had the exact location of the royal merchant on it. X marks the spot.

All five pogues were sat on the HMS Pogue. It was an extremely hot day like usual and everyone was in their swimsuits.

"Check that boat out. That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wake-setter. Number one in luxury, quality and performance. Two hundred K, easy," JJ said, admiring a boat that was passing by them.

"We picked the wrong parents," Pope said, staring at the boat in awe.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend," Kiara said, lowering her sunglasses to take a better look at the couple.

Brooklynn's eyes widened and she turned away quickly, hoping that Sarah and Topper hadn't seen her. 

"She's staring right at ya, Brookie," John B teased.

"Shit," Brooklynn muttered, turning around and giving Sarah a small smile which she didn't return.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch," Kiara said.

---

It was around lunchtime and for some reason, Brooklynn's dad had signed her up for beach cleanup with the kooks. Just before, she visited her dad's house to pick up a lavender crop top with flowers on it and a white pleated skirt to wear over her bikini.

It was pretty boring until she ran into Sarah and Topper. Sarah was wearing an outfit almost identical to Brooklynn's, but in pink. Topper kept sending Brooklynn side eyes. He didn't seem very comfortable with her.

"You should've heard the way your friend talked to me," Sarah said, almost killing Brooklynn with her gaze as she linked arms with Topper.

"Who?"

"John B. That kid's got a mouth on him!"

"He showed his true colours, Sarah," Topper said, bending down to pick up a piece of garbage.

"He was so rude!"

"I know! It's been what I've been trying to tell you both for ages!" Topper said, linking arms with Sarah again.

"He's not that bad. Once you get to know him, he's a good guy!" Brooklynn said mainly to Topper.

"Yeah, about that. You promised us that you would stop hanging out with them after what they did to Adrien," Topper stated, looking straight ahead instead of at the person he was talking to.