chapter eleven: divide

---

---

Just as Brooklynn was about to head to bed and call it an early night, she received a call from Kiara. The curly-haired girl had decided that the group was going to watch the annual Outer Banks movie marathon.

The annual Outer Banks movie marathon was basically as stated. There's one every summer that showcases the same movies every year. 

Super boring, but everything that the kooks host is usually boring. That's right, the kooks. Although pogues are more than welcome, the kooks overcrowd the outdoor movie theatre.

It was around 7 PM when the Pogues arrived at the makeshift theatre. The area was already swarming with kooks and pogues. 

Kiara, Brooklynn, JJ and Pope dragged their lawn chairs into the crowd and got their spot set up. According to Kiara, John B had been busy and unable to make it. 

"Aren't you guys glad that I made you come?" Kiara asked, hiding a smirk.

"Super," Brooklynn sighed.

"Ecstatic," Pope sarcastically stated. 

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ said, sliding into a lawn chair.

Pope sat next to JJ while the two girls went to get drinks. There was a small pop-up table by the parking lot with a man standing behind it.

"Can I get two Pepsi's, an Ice Tea and a Dr Pepper, please?" Kiara asked the man.

The man nodded and leaned down under the table to pull out a cooler. He opened up the cooler and dug through it to try and find their drinks. 

"Yo, Brooklynn! Hey, Kie," Rafe said suddenly, appearing from the crowd. 

Topper, Kelce and the ginger kook stood behind him. Rafe sent Brooklynn a small smile and directed his attention to Kiara.

"How are you?" Rafe asked politely.

"I'm fine," Kiara said slowly, a confused expression on her face.

"Good, good. Tell your boy that we know what he did," Rafe said, stepping up to her.

Kiara scoffed, "Sorry. What boy are you talking about?"

"Uh, he'll know," Rafe nodded.

Rafe stared down at Kiara before swiftly wrapping his arm around Brooklynn's shoulders and leading her away.

"Brook, your Dr Pepper!" Kiara reminded her but Brooklynn wouldn't spare her a glance.

Kiara scoffed again and went back to sit with the boys. Rafe and his friends had a few lawn chairs set up by the porta-potties. It smelled like ass so Brooklynn wasn't sure why they decided to sit there but she complied anyways. 

There weren't enough lawn chairs for all 5 of them so Rafe insisted that Brooklynn would sit on his lap. 

An hour into the movie, the four boys snuck off behind the projector, instructing Brooklynn to stay put. They were being extremely suspicious so the blonde girl followed them.