Chapter Forty-Eight

Song suggestions:

Crazy in Love- Eden Project
When It's All Over- RAIGN

Link's pov

When I sit up, I'm in my bed at home. My old home. In my messy room covered in clothes. The TV is on downstairs. It feels like a Saturday morning.

I swing my legs off my bed. I'm in a loose t-shirt and basketball shorts. I forgot how comfortable this was.

My door is already open and I step out, seeing the spot Aryll drew stick horses on the wall when she was little. We never cleaned it off. I peek inside her room but she's not there. I want to see her.

I go downstairs, remembering each creaky step. It smells like mom's candle and when I smell my shirt, it smells like the detergent she uses. It smells like home. This is home.

Mom and Dad aren't down here but Aryll is. She's lying on the living room floor, drawing with crayons.

"Mommy told me to wake you up but I wanted to watch TV before you took over to play your dumb games," she says without looking up from her drawing.

I sit down next to her. "You're not even watching it."

"Yes I am."

"Whatever. What are you drawing?"

"You and your princess."

I smile. "I have a princess?"

"Mhm." She grabs a yellow crayon and scribbles on her paper without letting me see the drawing. "I think you should go back to her."

"What do you mean?"

"She can't live without you. She doesn't want to lose you."

"What did you eat this morning?" I laugh.

"It's okay if you're too tired though. You've been through a lot and I miss you."

"You're right here."

"I won't be when you wake up. You have to pick." She looks up at me with a smile, showing her missing front teeth. "We can still wait for you. She needs you right now."

"I don't understand."

"Don't let her down okay?" She pushes the drawing towards me and I pick it up. The picture is more detailed than what she can draw. I have a glowing sword and I'm wearing some sort of knight armor. Zelda is next to me in a white dress with her palm out and a golden light coming from it. We both have a glowing triangle on our hands that's made up of three smaller triangles and an empty space in the middle. We each have a smaller triangle that's emphasized but they're not the same.

My eyes snap back up to my sister. "Zelda!"

Everything fades out to darkness again, leaving me alone without the person I used to love the most. "Wait," I pant. My home, my sister. It's gone. It's all gone. "Come back." I've lost everything. I just want it back. "Please come back!"

"What the hell is he doing?"

"I have no clue. He talks to himself."

"He's that crazy huh?"

"I'd say he's insane. Glad we won't have to deal with him for much longer."

I force my eyes open. I'm staring straight at a bright, sterile light. My mouth is dry and tastes like blood. I'm numb and stiff. I try my arms and hear a faint rattle.

I swallow. "Where the hell am I?" I struggle to force the words out. My eyes refuse to adjust when someone stands over me. One of my eyes is almost swollen shut. It's numb like everything else.