Chapter Thirty : Reunion

Start from the beginning

Sebastian hadn't realized how tense he had been until after he had kissed Poppy that first night.

"I should get going before–"

His arms held her tighter against him. "Like hell you are, Sweets. I'm not done with you yet."

"But the carriages–"

"They leave at noon. I still have four hours with you."

Poppy giggled again. "And what do you intend to do?"

Sebastian hummed in thought before he leaned back down and kissed the crook of her neck. "I can think of a few things."

Ominis' arms were still wrapped around Sabrina's waist when she felt herself start to wake up. When he felt her begin to stir, Ominis' face was instantly in her neck and inhaling her scent as he pulled her closer still in his grasp.

They had made love a total of three times during the night. Whenever they had woken up, Ominis was so determined to take in and enjoy every moment with her. Sabrina had been more than happy to oblige, also not wanting to waste any time she had with him.

"What time is it?" Sabrina asked groggily.

"Hopefully late enough that I missed the train," Ominis replied in between kisses.

Sabrina moaned slightly before she found a clock nearby. Her heart sank. "No... we have about three hours before then."

She felt Ominis' arms tense around her as a rock began to form in her stomach. "I don't think I'll be able to write to you while I'm gone," he said. "But I'll be thinking of you every day."

Sabrina rolled over so she was now facing Ominis. She brought one of her hands to his cheek, allowing her fingers to carefully connect the dots on his small dark moles. "I'll be thinking of you too."

Ominis turned his face to gently kiss her palm.

"If you need to run, come to me in Upper Hogsfield."

"I will."

They lay in silence for a moment and just enjoyed taking in the feeling of each other.

"What did you mean?"

Sabrina looked up and met his blind gaze. He seemed to be staring right at her. "What?"

"'Until the stars turn cold'," he repeated. "I've never heard that phrase before."

She smiled. "It was my father's way of telling my mother he would love her forever."

She felt Ominis' heart beat hard when he heard her answer, and then he was leaning down to kiss her lips tenderly. "I'll love you until the stars turn cold."

By the time Ominis made it back to the Slytherin common room, Poppy was gone. Sebastian was already packed and ready to go for the holiday in Upper Hogsfield, so he was able to help reassure Ominis again as he packed his clothes.

"Just keep calm," Sebastian assured him. He saw Ominis take a nervous deep breath. "How is Sabrina doing?"

"Better," Ominis responded. He put another shirt in his trunk and then paused. After a moment, he spoke again. "I've been incredibly unfair to her."

Sebastian scoffed. "I could have told you that."

Ominis turned to him. "I haven't been trusting her. Not completely, at least. I've been so preoccupied with protecting her that I've been disregarding her thoughts and ideas altogether." He took another deep breath. "If I'm going to win, I have to stop treating her like she's too weak to fight back."