Chapter 14 Arc 4

As night fell in the human realm, a sense of community embraced the gathering around a meal. Laughter and warmth interwove in the air, creating a tapestry of camaraderie. Ji-hoon, amidst the joyous atmosphere, couldn't shake the awareness that things weren't over yet. A small but persistent unease coursed through his veins.

Despite the apparent tranquility, he sensed an impending disaster that could lead to the extinction of every being in the world, potentially causing ripples even in the celestial realms. Ji-hoon's smile, while genuine, held a trace of concern, for he understood that the echoes of the recent events were far from silenced, and a greater challenge loomed on the horizon.

As a week slipped away since Seraphiel's escape from her seal, Sylvana and Eldrothok, the Abyssal rulers, recognized the urgency to warn Min-ji and Ji-hoon about the impending disaster. The decision was made to prepare the mortal realm for the oncoming turmoil. While the Abyssal rulers readied themselves for the journey to the human realm, an entire month unfolded for the mortals in the world that bore the scars of recent upheavals.

A wisp of shadows gathered and coalesced, giving birth to a portal. Sylvana and Eldrothok stepped through, welcomed by Hae-jin's polite bow. However, beneath the veneer of courtesy, a deep sorrow resided in her heart. Joon-ki, the young boy she saw as a little brother, had been callously used and discarded by the very person now walking freely with happiness in his heart.

Eldrothok nodded with a regal air, addressing Hanuel, "Child." She turned, tilting her head in acknowledgment. Eldrothok inquired further, "Where is your Leader Kim and his lover?" Hanuel replied with deference, "Leader Kim is at the other side of the island, overseeing the farm that has been built recently."

The couple expressed their thanks with a nod, and Hanuel, with a final polite gesture, walked away, leaving Sylvana and Eldrothok to navigate the mortal realm's complexities as they sought to warn Min-ji and Ji-hoon about the impending disaster. The island, with its burgeoning life and unseen shadows, held the delicate balance of destiny as the celestial and mortal threads continued to intertwine.

Sylvana and Eldrothok moved with purpose, their steps guided by the ominous presence of the venom unique to the Viper Tribe. The farm at the other side of the island called to them, a place where they anticipated encountering Leader Kim and the Viper Tribe's heir. 

The atmosphere was thick with tension as Sylvana and Eldrothok approached Min-ji and Ji-hoon. The abyssal rulers' expressions were etched with palpable worry, and the air crackled with an otherworldly aura. Ji-hoon, sensing the gravity of the situation, was the first to voice their concerns.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" he inquired, his eyes narrowing with apprehension. Min-ji, his gaze reflecting a mix of fear and determination, voiced the unspoken dread that lingered in the air.

"She's back, isn't she?" The words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of the impending threat. Eldrothok nodded solemnly, acknowledging the shared understanding of the danger at hand. Sylvana, with a heavy heart, averted her gaze momentarily before addressing the mortal leaders.

"I have already sought guidance and protection from the ocean in case something happens," Sylvana explained, her voice carrying the weight of responsibility. "The other tribes in the Abyss are also aware of her escape, so be cautious and find shelter for the others."

The gravity of the situation sank in, and the mortal leaders nodded in solemn acknowledgment. With shared determination, Ji-hoon and Min-ji joined the rulers in strategizing and preparing for the looming danger. The delicate balance between the mortal and celestial realms teetered on the edge, setting the stage for a clash that would reverberate across both worlds.

In the quietude of the night, Min-ji, Ji-hoon, Sylvana, and Eldrothok gathered to strategize, their faces reflecting a mix of determination and concern. The moon cast its gentle glow upon the makeshift meeting place, an open clearing near the newly established farm.

Min-ji, his eyes narrowed in thought, spoke first. "We need to fortify the village, establish safe zones, and ensure everyone is aware of the escapee. We can't risk any surprises."

Ji-hoon, his expression mirroring the gravity of the situation, added, "I'll gather our most skilled warriors and set up patrols. We need eyes on every corner, ready for anything."

Sylvana, her eyes reflecting the weight of her celestial knowledge, suggested, "We should also create barriers—wards to repel her influence."

Eldrothok, with a regal air, nodded in agreement. "Our combined strength can bolster the defenses. We must be vigilant and anticipate her moves."

As they continued to plan, the air filled with a shared determination—a resolve to protect their people and face the impending threat head-on. The delicate dance between mortal and celestial forces played out in the strategies they devised, each decision carrying the weight of a world teetering on the brink of chaos.