Dreamy

The bed was more comfortable than I thought, but not nearly as comfortable as Bilbo's guest bed at his house. I wonder if the others are awake. Who am I kidding, they're probably knocked out like sitting rocks.

I don't know why I couldn't sleep. Actually I did, it was because of all the thoughts running through my head, I couldn't really keep up with them, sleep would do me good.

I couldn't stop thinking about the excitement of being here, the new friends I've made, the life I've left behind, and I have to be honest with myself, I can't stop thinking about Bilbo.

Why was I thinking so much about him? I couldn't forget any moment we've had together because they play in my mind like a movie!

I groaned and put my pillow over my head.

"Screw it." I decided to get out of the room and go outside for a little, just close by.

BILBO's POV:
I miss my bed, and my cozy blankets, I can't sleep in this room filled with snoring dwarves. I was at home for literally a day or two as now I am back in this mumbo jumbo.

My back hurts, and I can't sleep, my mind is racing about YN.

I felt a knee go into my side, it was Gloin, it had to be Gloin. I tried not to make a sound when I got up, but it wouldn't matter because they are the world's heaviest sleepers.

I turned the knob carefully and snuck out of the room. I walked through the hallway.

YN is probably having a nice sleep, with the room all to herself.

YOUR POV:
I decided to sit on the grass right on the skirt of Bree. The night was so cold, but I loved it even though I didn't have a coat.

I had my hands tucked behind my knees as I breathed in the atmosphere. Even though all I could see were rolling his of grass, I enjoyed it very much.

"What are you doing out here?"
I turned around frightened a little, it was Bilbo.

"I couldn't sleep and decided to get a breath of air," I responded and turned back around to my position.

"Yeah me too, and I can't stop think-"
I looked at him.

Bilbo continued, "thinking-thinking about what's going to happen."
He sat close to me, almost touching shoulders, but I didn't mind at all.

"Oh yeah, I've put a lot of thought into what is occurring, I have a few theories, but what good is it if Thorin won't listen to me," I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked,

"Well he hasn't taken a liking to me-"
"Yet." Bilbo chimed

"And I don't think he'll listen to what I have to say, plus it will sound
ridiculous to him, I'm patient though," I said and sat my chin between my knees.

"I'll make sure he listens," Bilbo assured me.

"Thank you," I smiled and turned to him.

I put my hands behind me and looked up at the sky.

"The stars are so abundant up there," I said.

I felt him look at me, "yeah as a boy I'd wonder what extraordinary things were out there." He pointed up to the sky.

"It's ironic now, stumbling into a new world or dimension I should say and meeting you," we made eye contact.

"Are you calling me extraordinary," I teased, because I wanted him to blush, I knew he would.

But there was this confident look in his eyes, they didn't shake this time.

It consequently made me blush, I was thrown off and looked away.

"Yeah actually," he said abruptly.
I widened my eyes to myself so he wouldn't see.

"Really?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah you're- you're- my very good friend," he said.

I almost groaned at his response, 'very good friend' that kinda shot my heart a little but I laughed.

"We are good friends," I said awkwardly and got up.

"I'm actually feeling a little tired know like I can sleep, looking at the sky felt dreamy," I said.

"Oh okay yeah, let's go back," he said and followed.

The walk was really short, we walked in silence the whole way but I didn't mind.

We walked to where my room was and stood there for a moment outside my door.

"Well goodnight Bilbo-"

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Yeah what is it."

"Have you ever wanted to say something to a person, but we're too afraid of what the person would think or say?"

"Yeah of course," I said as I listened to him.

"And it almost kind of hurts in legs and arms, everywhere," he said.

"I always thought that it's better to regret something that you said, than something that you didn't say," I said.

He rocked on his heels and toes and took a deep breath, "well in that case-"

An angry dwarf opened the door and whispered loudly and angrily to us, "Here! And now! Is not the time or place! To have conversations! Be quiet or I'll weld your mouths shut!" And then he slammed the door.

"Yikes, dwarves love their sleep I guess," I said.

"So what were you saying-"

"Uh," he paused, "was gonna say goodnight."

"Oh okay, well goodnight then," I said and opened my door and went to sleep.