Gandalf's Arrival

Me and Bilbo looked at each other, confused and surprised, as I was when Bilbo first came to my house.

"Open it!" I told him. And Bilbo quickly opened it at my demanding tone.

And there was a tall man in a grey robe, and drenched grey wizard hat standing on my porch with the mighty looking staff in his right hand.

"Gandalf!" Bilbo said in a happy tone.

"I I am so glad to see you, I uh. Where do I even-"

"Start by letting me inside and out of this rain!" Gandalf said hastily. And we both stepped aside for him to come in.

He hardly noticed me, but that was only because he was focused on something else.

"Gandalf is everything okay?" Bilbo asked him, and I took a seat nearby on the couch.

"No nothing is okay! Everything has been twisted, the Necromancer, Radagast has been missing, and and-" Gandalf caught his breath for a moment and paused. He was heavily breathing and looked as if he ran from someone chasing him.

Then he finally noticed me.

"And who might you be?" Gandalf asked raising an eyebrow.

"I. My name is YN," I said formally.

"Oh my. And this must be your home," he said as his eyes wondered up an around the house, looking around.

"It is! haha," I said.

"She has been letting me stay here. Since I stumbled into, this world," Bilbo added.

"There is so much to tell you," Bilbo said softly, but loud enough for us to hear.

"Same to you," said Gandalf. I saw that he was soaked in water.

"I will get u a towel," I said and fetched another "stranger" a towel.

"Thank you," he said and I pulled a dining chair out for him to sit.

"Now where, where to begin? The end? The beginning? I uh-" Gandalf started.

"Great elephants!" He said as he looked as Bilbo.

"You have turned into one mighty Hobbit, taller than any Took I've ever know!" He said as he noticed Bilbo's change in height.

"Ah yes. Haven't figured that one out yet either, but it isn't important!" Bilbo said eagerly.

I was also very eager to hear Gandalf, and an excitement buzzed inside of me, itching to hear more from the great wizard that I have only imagined, and now he is here in the flesh.

"Wait before you say what you need to, I think it would be better to explain what is happening in this world. My world," I said.

"By all means do not wait, speak young lady!" Gandalf said.

"Bilbo already knows everything that I know, but I'll keep it simple. The life you and Bilbo live, in Middle Earth, The Shire. It all comes from these books," I walked to the shelf and collected all four of the books and piled them onto the table for Gandalf to see.

"The author's name is JRR Tolkien, and he has written all of these books, and Bilbo has confirmed that this one specifically," I picked up The Hobbit, "to be true." I had forgotten that Bilbo does not know that Lord of the Rings is about his future, and I regretted placing them on the table.

"It is true Gandalf. The book is not fiction." Bilbo said, and Gandalf had a look of disturbance on his face.

"And what about these then?" Gandalf said pointing to The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. And I quickly made up an excuse. Things never end well when one knows about the future, especially in such a complex universe like theirs. I have already come to the conclusion that they are in the time of The Hobbit, and would it be a disaster if they read anything in those books (Lord of The Rings).

"Oh uh those are nothing, just autobiographies, don't know why I brought those down," I said and quickly collected them in my arms and put them in an empty cupboard.

"Bilbo does that mean that in the book, Thorin...dies?" Gandalf said some what cautiously. And Bilbo reluctantly nodded.

Gandalf took in a deep breath.

"Oh my." He said.

"This is beyond anything I have faced," he added.

Bilbo shifted his standing position, and we all shared the same look of concern.

"I guess it is my turn," Gandalf said.

"When you left him to The Shire, odd things were happening. Radagast went missing, and word of the Necromancer was in the air, he is still gathering power...power for Sauron," Gandalf said seriously.

"Sauron?" Bilbo asked.

"Yes Sauron. But there isn't enough time to go into his detail." He said and continued on.

"I card for Radagast but he has yet to be found. And so I went to Dol Guldur...on my own, with caution of course. And what I found was, was something like no other," he said.

Me and Bilbo waited in suspense.

"I saw Azog. Alive. And well."
Bilbo squirmed and his face turned confused and angry.

"That that!" He said angrily and calmed down.

"That does not make sense," Bilbo said.

"Trust me I know, and Azog is not the only one alive again Bilbo." Gandalf said.

Bilbo froze up, and his mood changed, and he looked as if he saw a ghost.

"Filli. Killi," Gandalf started out slowly.

"And Thorin."

"All alive."