Chapter XI: My Resolve! [PART II]

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" asked Nashi

"Normally...." Silvia murmured.

"MY PLACE!" exclaimed Happy, wearing a cartoon Lucy mask.

"....is what would happen, but..." Erza said with a sigh, looking around.

'Am I the only one questioning where that Lucy faceplate came from?!' Y/N sweatdropped.

"The bath, huh?" Silvia asked, looking at the bathroom entrance intently, "....is the cliche waiting for me, so..." She moved towards the bathroom.

"I'm sorry, but...!" she exclaimed as she opened the curtain.

"She's not here," Nashi said, shaking her head with a deadpan face while in the tub. The steam rushed onto Silvia's face because of the water sizzling in the tub.

"That was fast!" Silvia exclaimed, "Why are you in it?!"

"It looks like she left," Erza retorted, wearing a towel around her body and hair while holding a small wooden tub with toiletries.

"And what are you here for?!" Silvia asked.

"Are we looking for Lucy or invading her private space?" Y/N asked while scratching his head. He walked towards the desk with the writing equipment and books.

He noticed a note with an ink box on top of it.

"There's a note," Y/N said, picking up the note that read 'I will go home -Lucy'. "She says she's going home...."

"WH-WHY?!" the other four exclaimed as they rushed towards Y/N. As they ran towards Y/N, Happy accidentally knocked off a small chest. The chest dropped open, and a single letter with a wax seal dropped out.

"What's that?" Y/N asked, looking back to see Happy holding up a single letter. He took it and read it aloud, "Mom, I finally managed to join Fairy Tail, the guild I wanted to join since I learned magic from you. Today, I met someone named Erza. She's cool and pretty."

They all turned to look at Erza, who blushed and looked away.

"This letter is to her mom," Nashi said, "But why didn't she mail this? Was she in a rush?"

"Isn't the more important question, Why did she return home?" asked Silvia.

~WITH LUCY~

Lucy was on a train, wearing a white top with a navy blue pencil skirt, stockings, and white heels. Her signature pink purse was on the next seat.

She was looking out the window with a melancholy expression.

'I wonder what Mom would do in this situation,' she thought, looking at the mountains sweeping past her. 'Would she do the same as what I'm doing now?'

~FLASHBACK~

"Look! I made a rice ball with your face on it, Daddy!" came a tiny voice resembling Lucy; she looked much younger. A single pigtail on the right side, with a pink dress and a blue ribbon around her neck. She had thigh-high socks and sneakers on her legs. 

"I made it for you!" she exclaimed, looking up at her father. Jude Heartfilia is a relatively tall middle-aged man with black eyes, slicked-back blond hair, a matching, extremely trim moustache, and a reasonably firm, square jaw. The man's hair is kept tidy, and he wears a relatively expensive, tailored brown suit. 

At the moment, he was busy working on a desk, papers scattered around his desk and a quill in his right hand.

"Eat it so you can do good at work!" She exclaimed with a smile on her face. She handed her father a rice ball with two eyes, eyebrows, and a smiley face made with seaweed.