Chapter 21 : His Love confession

Start from the beginning

"Are you really gonna pull this mute call on me for this long, Frozen?" My tone is not even much but a whisper. She frowns; her hand grasps my shirt's button as she tries to pull her hair lock off. I sigh, knowing the answer in her silence.

"You see, I'm not a patient person, Miss Frozen. I'm just trying to play gentleman. Do not make me eager by giving me the silent treatment." I keep my eyes locked with hers as I start to untangle her hairs. "It's really rude. I've apologized many times. Will you please consider it?”

She was wearing a black look, and my lips parted. The overwhelming feeling of smashing myself came back. I made her upset, and I don't think I hate myself more than I am doing right now when she is still not talking to me. "Please don't be cold-hearted, at least not with me. I'm done. I'm sorry, Alice," I whispered gently, pulling her last hair strand. Her eyes flickered, they softened. I think my eyes blurred for a second, but then she sat up, moving her gaze away, and I think I'm really going to throw myself off this window building; then she might think to forgive me.

She clenched her jaws, peering down at me without a word. I was confused, then she looked up, and I realized. She wanted me to move. I gulped a dry lump in my throat, then moved away, standing at the end of the couch. However, the moment I stood, my head spun, and I squeezed my eyes shut as my head throbbed.

The hangover of alcohol gets me every time. I heard her moving out from the couch, her steps hitting the floor as I steadied myself.

My eyes roamed around her apartment. It's neat and clean, with clean white and gray walls. There was a vase sitting on the coffee table with violet flowers.

Does she like violet?

I was startled when a glass appeared in front of me. My eyes snapped to see Alice with a scowl, holding it. My brows knitted in pure confusion. "Drink. It helps with your terrible hangover," her voice hit me like a bottle. I blinked, thinking I imagined it. "Did you just talk to me?" I exclaimed in a raspy voice as she gave me a raised brow. "No, I'm talking with the ghost standing beside you who foolishly drank six bottles of strong whiskey and called a lady pretty, whom he claimed he doesn't know."

I was not blinking, my eyes stuck on her as she glared at me with intensity that almost made me stumble. What the hell had I done at the bar? The fuck who did I call pretty when she was there? I must have drunk-talked. Of course, there is no way I called an unknown woman pretty in the middle of the night.

Alice made an aggravated sound. "Take the glass before I dump this over your shitty head, Taehyung," she snapped, bringing me out of my thoughts. I immediately took the glass from her grip in fear, knowing she will do what she says.

She stared at me, waiting. "Shall I pour this into your mouth? Drink it," she hissed. I immediately drained the glass; my throat went sour. Shit, it was lemon water. The sourness hit every bit of my mouth, and I shivered slightly. She snatched the glass just as it was empty. "Better to take it before you pull a show of your tricks again." I'm doubting if the drink was more sour or her words. She finally spoke to me after fucking days, and when she speaks, all she is doing is scolding me.

Then, with a blink, the memories rushed into my brain. "Let me show you a trick," and then the shoes flew off somewhere, then the other.

Blood rushed to my face. Shit, now I know what she is referring to. I bit hard on the inside of my cheek in embarrassment. Alice sighed, staring at me, then walked out of the living room.

The moment she was out of my sight, I grabbed my hair, pulling them. "The hell did you do, Tae?" I cursed, my body heating.

I heard footsteps, so I immediately let go of my hair. Alice appeared with something in her hands. She stopped in front of me, then shoved the clothes on my chest. "Go freshen up, change into these. The spare bathroom is down the corner," she gazed at me up and down. I followed her gaze, looking at my clothes, crumpled and dirty. I sucked in a breath and, without a word, rushed to the bathroom.