Chapter 50 - Confrontation (confession)

Start from the beginning

Realizing that Zhihao was probably expecting a response, Zhuo Zhi blinked back into reality. As expected, the girl was looking down, quietly fidgeting with her fingers in her lap.

A smile slowly crept up Zhuo Zhi's face, and without a second thought, he grabbed Zhihao's hand and pulled it into his own lap.

"Me too, dummy."

For the rest of lunch the two had big, goofy grins pasted on their faces as their clammy hands stayed clasped together.

And even though Zhuo Zhi was right handed, he didn't mind using his left hand instead to hold his chopsticks every once and a while.

~~~

Because the cafeteria probably wasn't the best place to confess, the pair decided it was best to have a full conversation about it after school, once Zhuo Zhi was done with tennis practice.

So, Zhuo Zhi painstakingly returned each ball lobbed at him, forcing himself to smile and nod every time Siyang muttered something in his ear.

He probably could've been cooler about it, but patience wasn't his strong suit. At least, not when it came to Zhihao. It was difficult, forcing himself to sit through practice when he had better places to be.

The long wait was definitely worth it, though, when Siyang finally deemed the team's practice satisfactory and let them go.

Once he finished packing his things up and said his goodbyes to the team as naturally as possible, Zhuo Zhi made a beeline to the nearby boba shop where he and Zhihao had agreed to meet.

The bell on the door made a ding as he entered, and he didn't miss the way Zhihao's eyes lit up when she spotted him.

"Zhuo Zhi!" She excitedly waved at him from her table in the back, clearly still giddy from earlier.

Zhuo Zhi himself, though physically worn out from practice, was in high spirits too as he made his way to Zhihao. He happily took the seat next to her, ignoring her hands outstretched to offer the seat across from her.

Zhihao snorted at this. Real smooth, I see you,

"I already ordered you a drink, I think it was lychee milk tea last time?" She gently nudged the drink toward the man before taking a sip of her own matching one to hide her nerves.

Zhuo Zhi took the drink gratefully, though without some complaint. Not that he truly minded it of course, because Zhihao buying him boba would give him an excuse to buy her one some other time.

Zhuo Zhi made a mental note to ask the girl out on a boba date later.

Zhihao waited for the man to take a few sips of his boba before speaking up again.

"Sooo."

A smile spread across Zhuo Zhi's face as he matched Zhihao's posture, propping his chin on a palm.

"Sooooo," he repeated, dragging out his sentence.

"Sup?"

Zhuo Zhi burst into laughter at the unexpected line.

"You're so uncool," he said lamely through fits of giggles.