Chapter 36

Lando drives off far out of the city. He holds my hand in his lap as he holds the wheel with the other. I smile as I look over at him and he's tapping along to the music. I close my eyes and lean back, enjoying the bit of relaxation that I've had. I love being a mom but obviously i had to make a big change in life. I rarely get a moment of silence and alone time.

"You okay baby?" I open my eyes and smile as I nod.
He lifts my hand and kisses it as he goes back to driving.

We arrive at our destination, a boardwalk by the shore. And it seems like the most perfect day to come. Lando walks around to open the door and puts his hand out. I take his hand and stand up out of the car. We walk hand in hand as he leads the way.
"I made reservations for dinner at the restaurant. But in the meantime let's wait over here" he smiles. I nod. We make it to a small area where we can sit, almost like a park. But there are people dressed very nicely around and there's shops where people are going in and out of. We find a spot by the shade to sit down.

Lando had a bag with him, he lays down a blanket and sits down.
"Come here" he smiles and pats. I laugh at how silly everyone must think we are. I go ahead and carefully sit down right beside him. He puts his hand around my waist, so our bodies are touching. He holds my hand with the other hand.
"Why are you laughing at me?" He smirks.
"Nothing, I wasn't. It's cute" I blush and cup his face. I mean over and kiss his lips. He smiles into the kiss and let's go.

We laugh as we notice people just watching us. Monaco is full of rich celebrities and people on vacation, mostly older people. But lando never seemed to care, and obviously neither did I. We were still ourselves no matter where we were. It was just him and I, enjoying our time together. Who cares if people thought it was weird for us to be sitting on the ground.

"So you ready to take the lead with Livy?" Lando pouts. I sigh.
"I suppose. It'll be much harder without you. I hope it goes well"
"I'm sorry I have to go. I hate this part" he rubs my hand.
"Don't feel bad Lan. I want you to be happy and to enjoy and be able to focus. But I'll obviously miss you" I smile while I fix his curls.
"Okay. I'll miss you both too" he pouts again.
"At least it'll just be for a few days, for now" I say trying to look on the bright side, he nods.

Lando and Carlos will be away for at least 5-6 days. It'll feel like forever I'm sure but I don't want lando to feel guilty.

"Anyway now that we have some time alone..."
"We're in public lan" I roll my eyes.
"Ouch! I can't believe you'd think I would do such a thing in public" he says sarcastically.
I raise my eyebrow.
"Okay maybe I would because you look so hot" he winks.
"But actually I meant we should start talking about the wedding" he says with his goofy smile. I smile back and nod excitedly.

We both pull out our phones and begin to look through Pinterest and such for ideas. We already had a good idea of how we wanted it to be except for a few small things. We were both very excited and came up with the perfect location which was the most important. Of course we wanted both our families to be able to attend as well as our closest friends.

____

Eventually it was finally time for our reservation. Lando stood up and helped me up. I folded the blanket and we put it away in his bag. We walked hand in hand into the restaurant and checked in. We got a table right next to the window with a view of the water. The sun was going to set soon and the scenes would be amazing.

The waitress eyes lando up and down, causing me to get annoyed. I clench my jaw and roll my eyes and she smirks at him. She takes our orders for drinks.
"And for your sister?" She smiles fake as she looks toward me. Did this girl just call me his sister?
"Bitc-"
"She'll have the same. Thank you" lando says quickly and she walks away.
I roll my eyes.
"Baby" I hear lando say. I turn and look at him. He laughs, eventually turning into a giggle. That kind where he almost looks in tears.
"Lando! What's so funny?" I ask
He smiles.
"Nothing"
I try and move on from the situation. I don't know why I felt jealous. I never had before, I think. But the fact that lando didn't catch on annoyed me more. But no I wasn't upset with him.