chapter 20

a few weeks later.
It's been a hard past few weeks ignoring lando. Especially since he hangs out so much with Carlos, but I've made it work. I don't think Carlos has caught on, which is good. Carlos finally could take his crutches off and his cast, but he just had to take it slow. To celebrate, we planned a trip to the pier, to hang out on his boat.

"Carlos slow done! Geez" I smack him as we slow down to the stop. We had the top off and he was rushing past the traffic, he knows it annoys me.
"Calm down, you're safe" he smiles. I roll my eyes and pull out my phone.

2 messages from : Lando Norris

buenos diass, what are you up to today? can we meet to talk? I even learned Spanish for you :(

hi lando. sorry I won't be home today

ooh where are you going?

why does it matter?

ugh. when are we going to move last this :( but fine, I guess I'll just be me myself and I all day, with nothing to do :/

that's not true, go out mad have fun. I know you will

but I just want to be with you

not right now lando, sorry. take care

I put my phone away and raise my arms up as i let the wind blow my hair. Meaning we're closer to the pier.

I know lando just wants to make me feel guilty, I know he's still out there having fun. And I don't mind it, but he doesn't have to lie to me.

____

We arrive to the pier, and grab our bags. It's been forever since ID been out on the boat and I missed it. Carlos un hooks the boat, and drives off toward the ocean. It's beautiful out, a perfect day to be out here.

I set up my towel and sunscreen so I can tan a bit. Carlos plays music while he grabs his fishing pole. He always lets them go, so it's more just for fun.

We spend most of the day out on the boat, we have lunch and hangout. We would never get tired of each other. We jump out into the ocean and snorkel, and forget about the lives we left behind. My modeling has been going very well, and I've grown a lot of followers. Carlos has been doing well in therapy, and he'll return back to the office this week to train.

Eventually it's nearing the afternoon, and we get ready to head out. We did want to spend some time on the beach as well, so we make sure to leave before it darkens. We park the boat and carry out things over to the beach. We find a good spot, and like always I have Carlos be my photographer . And he's very good at it.

While he naps on the chair, I scroll through Instagram for a bit.