chapter 8

I woke up the worst headache after last night. Which could only mean one thing, we partied good. I laugh as I notice Clara on the floor, passed out.

I get up and walk over to the bathroom to freshen up. I wash my face and grab a pair of gym clothes. In the past when we drink, Clara takes forever to wake up, so I decide to not wake her. I grab a protein bar and some water and head downstairs to the lobby. I walk over to the gym to begin my workout.

About an hour later, I finish up.
"Good morning" the doorman says to me. I stop and say hello.
"Do you happen to know a good breakfast place nearby?" I ask now that he's talking to me.
"Yes actually. Three doors down to the right, they sell good breakfast sandwiches and smoothies" he says to me.
"Great, thank you!" I smile as I walk out. I make my way towards where he told me. I'm going to buy some breakfast for when Clara wakes up.

I walk inside and place my order. I take a seat while I wait. They have the tv on, it's on the sports channel. They begin playing the f1 coverage. To my luck they're interviewing Carlos and the McLaren team. It's still so weird to see him on tv. I smile as he seems so content and happy. It is practice day after all.

"Oh Carlos here comes your teammate-" the interviewer says. Suddenly my name is called and I get up to grab my order.

I walk to the counter and thank the woman. I walk out with the food and head back home. I head straight up to the apartment. I walk in, place the food on the counter and go to check on Clara. Of course, she's still asleep.

I grab a change of clothes and head to the shower.

____

Once I'm done getting ready for the day, I head back out to the living room. I scroll on TikTok and Instagram for a bit. I can't believe I really gained so many followers, I'm up to 217,027 followers. It's fun to post. I take a quick picture of my outfit, I guess I'm an influencer now.

valentinna02 117,263 likes fit check of the day 🤍user1: soo pretty !!user2: shoes?? user3: 😍😍

valentinna02
117,263 likes
fit check of the day 🤍
user1: soo pretty !!
user2: shoes??
user3: 😍😍

I turn the tv on to continue watching the f1 coverage. Of course they moved on from the interviews. They're getting ready for the practice today.
"Buenos diass" I hear Clara say as she walks down the hall.
"Buenos días clara" I laugh. She walks over and jumps next to me. I give her a small hug.
"I had a lot of fun last night, we should go out again" she says.
"We can, it was fun" I laugh.
"Oh I almost forgot the food, let's eat" I say getting up. We walk over to the stops on the counter and I hand her the food.

Just in time because practice is about to begin.
"He's so hot" she says as a driver in red, with light brown hair and the most beautiful smile comes on. I smile. The name reads: Charles Leclerc

"Yeah, but he's more...cute than hot" I say.
"What's that even supposed to mean" she laughs and shakes her head.

We continue eating and eventually up on the couch watching the practice. It ends with Carlos in P5, not bad. We turn the tv off, and Clara heads over to get herself ready for the day as well. I grab my phone to call Carlos quickly.