Chapter 16 "Stormy Nights"

Magsimula sa umpisa

'𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫' (𝐁𝐢𝐣𝐮𝐮/𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠)

=
*Recap*

"Good night.. Haku-chan...." Naruto muttered before falling asleep.

Haku on the other hand heard what Naruto said and smiled, it was just like back then where her mother would always kiss her forehead and saying good night to her before she falls asleep.

"Good night...Naruto-ᴋᴜɴ...." Haku muttered as well before falling asleep, unconsciously saying the 'kun' part.

𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤.....

*End of Recap*

=
-Middle of the Night-

Now it was 12:26 in the middle of the night, and a storm - one that was loud, violent, together with a full blast of wind and rain - was blowing light and mild heavy objects away in Konoha. Tall trees and plants sway and move along the current of the wind, few of the lamps and mostly outside decorations attached in most of the houses were blown off, and to those that weren't were propably secured in.

One moment the sky flashed in white multiple times, then lightning hit close to Naruto's apartment, creating a terrifyingly loud explosion. Causing Haku to get startled awake.

"AHH-!!" Haku cried out, she nervously and quickly glanced around, finally focusing on the window where another powerful lightning strike had occurred.

Haku let out another terrified cry, but she did her best not to wake the blond up, but she was greatly terrified of storms and just one of those lightning strikes alone already made her tremble in fear and freeze in place, as though like she gave up on her own life and was now waiting for someone to end her any moment.

Haku was not the one to tremble in fear like this; No, in fact, she is mostly stoic and almost showed no signs of emotion whatsoever, she almost has little to no experience about emotions, but like anyone in this world, no human can remain an emotionless tool for long, inside she is just a scared helpless little girl, seeking aid by becoming a tool for someone just to get attention or somewhat feel needed.

"mmm....ramen..." Naruto muttered in his slumber, not even the tiniest bit disturbed by the storm.

Haku however was panting heavily trying to keep herself intact, and with the blanket off of her, she was now trembling - more because of fear than being cold - and in this state, she couldn't move the slightest, she's just stuck there until either she passes out or until the storm would pass and everything would quiet down

One would think how someone could be this terrified of storms, but during haku's childhood, she had always been scared of storms, her mother would always sing her favorite lullaby to clam her down. But right now, her mother wasn't here, nor her father, and the storm alone only reminded her that she was alone, reminding her that she was the last of her clan, she had no more relatives or clan members left. She has no one to take care of her, no one to sing her lullaby, no one to comfort her.