Explanation (Shocks Pt. 2)

Fang POV
"Well, it's obvious that Trix is the Kyra of Migration because his teleportation powers, Voyage as well as his time-travelling powers, Second Chance," Byron began. "Then, Destruction is obviously Jaek-o's strong suit, due to his raging fires. Both his Inferno and Everblaze can cause deadly damage."

"I believe that Marco is the Kyra of Protection for his Force Field, and Evex is the Kyra of Oblivion for his Darknight and Nightsand. But I have yet to explain how Tokki is the Kyra of Transmission and Gimmi is the Kyra of Creation," Byron admitted.

"Oh, that's right!" Gimmi remembered, "Master, Tokki used her power without a holder just now! It caused horrific damage!"

"Well, my Balance fixed everything," I told Byron, "But Tokki did cause great damage. Unleasher, the villain we faced, lost her left hand in the chaos. Thank goodness it was returned to her."

"Well...I guess I'll return to finding the meaning of these names in the Ancient Kyroire," Byron flipped through the mess of books. In the meantime, go for your class."

A resounding boom echoed outside.

"Well, actually maybe later!" Byron decided as he spotted Hearthunter and some sort of giant dragon causing havoc outside.

<*~*>

A week went on without any new villains, just the same ones being reaviniatized. As we defeated Sunken Chest yet again, I murmured, "I sure hope Byron finds a way to stop this soon! We don't have that much time do deal with these reaviniatized villains again and again."

"Tell me about it," Jessie agreed as she fed Marco. "Finals are in seven months."

"Well...we just have to keep fighting and stay positive!" Janet told everyone. "For now, make use of the time we have to study for our exams."

So the six of us had a quick dinner before we all returned to our rooms, seizing this opportunity to do some quick studying.

"Fang?" Janet asked me.

"Yes, Jan?" I looked up from my revision notes.

"Do you feel sometimes that we will never defeat Lodestar? After all, he can infinitely reaviniatize people, and there's nothing much we can do about it. Plus, he has twenty-two more avinias, since he's only aviniatized four people so far. It's like...sometimes it's overwhelming when we fight so many villains again and again, without actually getting anywhere," Janet admitted.

"Hey, Jan. Look at me. We will defeat Lodestar. Because however strong he may seem, never forget—we're a team," I told her, brushing her hair away to give her a kiss on her cheek.

Janet blushed under the moonlight, her eyes shining with adoration. Then she hugged me tightly. "Thanks, Fang. You're the best boyfriend ever," she whispered.

But I wasn't the only one have those doubts.

Edgar POV
Colette and I were studying for our exam that was coming in one week. I was busy doing some exercises for Alchemy when Colette suddenly tapped me on the back, giving me a scare.

"What's up, Col?" I asked as I cleaned the mess I had made.

"Well, truth be told, Edgar, I've been having some doubts recently," Colette answered.

"About what?" I asked, worried.

"Well...do you think we'll ever defeat Lodestar? What if we're not strong enough? His powers are too strong to fight sometimes...look how Unleasher almost defeated us to the point that Tokki needed to step in!" Colette gushed out in one breath.

"Whoa, calm down, Colette. That's a lot of negative emotions you have in there," I waited until she had calmed down before I continued, "Col. We'll definitely defeat Lodestar. Don't be scared—I'll always be there for you. And so will the rest of our team."

Colette suddenly pulled me in for a kiss, whispering, "You always find the right words, Edgar. Thank you for being such a feat boyfriend."

At first, I was surprised by the kiss. But I still rested her head on my shoulder.

"Always, Colette. Always."