71. JULIET AND THE MARAUDER'S MAP

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

December, the 1st, 1979

In the Ravenclaw Tower, Remus and Regulus were wandering around, looking for its infamous ghost.

"This might sound very stupid, but we've been talking about Helena Ravenclaw this whole time and I had no idea it was the Grey Lady." Remus commented.

"Yes, I was unaware too. I guess Juliet knew because she spent a lot of time with Pandora and Amos in the Ravenclaw common room." Regulus responded.

"And you."

"... Not in our last years." The youngest of House of Black sighed.

Remus changed the subject, hearing the discomfort in his girlfriend's best friend's tone. "I heard the Grey Lady was shy. What if she doesn't want to talk to the both of us?"

"Alright, I'll wait here, you go ahead." Regulus agreed, stopping.

"Actually, I was thinking you should go."

"Me? You're obviously more at ease with the ladies than I am." Regulus frowned.

Remus snorted. "Who has been lying to you?" He shook his head. "No, really, I think we'd have a better chance at it if you go."

Regulus hesitated a bit before nodding and continuing his path in the corridors. They didn't have the time to argue on the matter further. They needed to destroy the two Horcruxes before the battle started.

It was then that he spotted her, facing a wall before she turned to face him, having felt his presence.

"You're the Grey Lady, the ghost of Ravenclaw Tower." Regulus confirmed, upon seeing her. It was his first time actually conversing with one of the Hogwarts ghosts, it felt a bit awkward.

If Juliet or James were here, they would have had no problem dealing with this. They talked to Peeves all the time.

"I do not answer to that name." She responded, vanishing.

"No, I'm sorry! I'm sorry. It's Helena Ravenclaw, isn't it? Rowena's daughter."

He watched her appear behind a column, watching him carefully.

"Are you a friend of Pandora's?"

"Yes. I am, we've been best friends for years." He nodded. "She thought you might be able to help me."

Helena, still cowering behind the column, showed herself a bit more. "You seek my mother's diadem."

"Yes. That's right."

"Pandora's kind. Unlike many of the others." Typical Pandora, making friends with the lonely ghosts of the castle. "But she was wrong, I cannot help you."