03. JULIET AND PLANS FOR THE WAR

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

December 1977

So, Voldemort had asked the House of Black for a house elf, and they had offered Kreacher, with Regulus' innocent encouragements.

Kreacher had brought the Dark Lord in a cave, in which he was forced to drink a potion, allowing him to hide his Horcrux before leaving Kreacher to get killed by the Inferi.

However, something that seemed to have escaped his thoughts, was that house elves could apparate in and out of any place. And so he did, instantly telling his Master Regulus what Voldemort had done.

The naive admiration was fast to turn into pure hatred. Voldemort had not only terribly mistreated the house elf but had also left him to die at the hands of creatures that could easily be considered the living dead.

Now the plan was for Regulus to go back there with Kreacher, replace the locket with a false one containing a note taunting the Dark wizard.

But it was risky, way more risky than one could ever fathom. And Juliet refused to let him go alone.

"No, you're not coming."

"I wasn't asking you for permission, Regulus, I was letting you know that I'm tagging along." She scoffed.

"It's too dangerous."

"Yet you're going, what's your point?"

"My point is I'm not letting another person get hurt because of me!" He exclaimed.

"I won't get hurt. I'm a big girl, I can handle myself." She stated after a small pause.

It took a few more minutes of arguing before he finally agreed, exhausted by her constant stubbornness.

They were to leave the next morning, but for now they would stay at the Lovegood's. Xenophilius and Pandora had moved in together.

Juliet was sitting by the fireplace, the warmth of it reminding her of the comforting feeling the Gryffindor common room used to bring her.

How she wished she was there again, shielded in her safe place. There wasn't anyone to protect her anymore. It was her turn to protect others.

"How have you been?"

Engrossed by her thoughts, she hadn't heard Pandora walking in and sitting on the couch in front of her.

"As well as you could expect." She responded.

Truth was, she's been feeling so numb. It was as though a part of her was missing and she suspected it to be because she was so far from her beloved when she needed him the most.

"Lily came to see me when you disappeared. Since then, James has been looking everywhere for you." Pandora spoke. "I told him I had no idea where you could have been and he thought I was lying. Hiding you."

Juliet stayed quiet.

"You should go back." The blonde advised.

"You should go into hiding." The brunette stared into an empty space. "All of you. After tomorrow, things will go from bad to worse. We will have a chance to win this war. It's going to be too dangerous for anyone that had been close to me at any point."

"Juliet-"

"Tell them to separate and go into hiding, tell everyone not to tell others where they're going. Nobody can be trusted anymore. We will all do anything for the ones we love, even give each other away."

She knew she would tell Death Eaters anything they wanted to know, had they captured James, Remus or any of her three best friends.

With those words, she stood up from the floor, walking to the guest room.

Dread almost kept Juliet glued to the bed. But she had to go. She couldn't let him leave like this, he would certainly die if he was to go on his own. And so, she got up, getting ready to leave.

When she made it to the kitchen, Regulus was leaning against the counter, talking with Pandora, the both of them greeting her as they noticed her.

"You ready?" She asked Regulus.

He nodded. The blonde girl looked between her best friends, biting her lips nervously before she started rambling.

"Do you guys really have to go? I mean if there's Inferi in there, you're totally screwed! Maybe I should come with you. Should I come with you? Oh! What if we contacted Dumbledore? Or the Ministry? Or Aurors! Aurors are more experienced than any of us would be, maybe they can take care of it?"

Regulus chuckled, amused by the blonde.

"Dora, we can't trust the Ministry with this, You-Know-Who has lots of high-ranked followers, whether they support him by fear or admiration. If they know we're after the Horcrux, it'll disappear, never to be seen again. And we'll lose." Juliet spoke calmly.

The Slytherin and Ravenclaw watched her, able to notice that something had changed in her. She was more serious, unable to trust anyone that presented themselves on her path. She was on edge. Though, they all were in a sense.

It was barely an hour later, that they were ready to leave, standing on the porch with the blonde couple.

"Be careful, alright?" Pandora sighed, embracing thr brunette.

"Don't you worry." She gave her a small smile, patting her back before they pulled away and Pandora went to Regulus.

Juliet approached Xenophilius who glanced back at her. "Take care of her."

"I will." He nodded, holding out the object he was holding in his hand. "You might want to take this."

She glanced at the radio, confused. "How will listening to WWN help us?"

"Not WWN." He smiled before handing a note. "Follow the instructions and burn it afterwards."

Juliet was still puzzled as she took the radio and the note, putting it in her bag as Regulus started pulling her away.

They walked to Kreacher who stood a few feet away, waving at their friends before letting Kreacher take their hands, all three of them disapparating in the air.

* * *

Regulus Black originally got his Dark Mark in 1978/1979 and went to the cave in 79 where he died, saving Kreacher. so yes, since we're in 77, there are a few things that have changed, but I'm guessing you guys already knew that considering yall come from Book 1