42. JULIET AND THE BREAKING NEWS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

January 1979

"What's going on? Daphne looked more nervous than the day she gave birth." Remus followed Juliet into their room, closing the door behind him.

The girls had convinced Juliet to talk to Remus about the pregnancy after the meeting, and she had reluctantly agreed to do just that.

"We need to talk, I need to tell you something." She turned to look at him, fiddling with her sleeves.

Instantly, Remus' heart dropped. Was this what he thought? Had their relationship sinked so terribly due to what they went through? He thought they moved on together, but perhaps he had been so unfocused that he failed to notice she hadn't?

"Are we breaking up?"

"What? No! I hope not... Do you want to?"

"No!" He shook his head immediately.

There was quite an awkward silence for what felt like hours but was probably barely two minutes. Remus' heart was racing. He was so nervous he could throw up. Now, it was ironic because Juliet actually felt like throwing up.

"Please tell me, I'm about to pass out." He gave in, making the first move, as he started to see that she was frozen.

Juliet had already opened her mouth to speak a few times and had no idea how to approach the situation. Well. She did, but she was scared senseless.

"I think you need to sit down for this one." She sighed, gathering all her courage.

"Oh my God, is it that bad? What happened? Why do I need to sit down? You sit down!" He started to freak out.

"Okay, I'll sit down." She said, taking a seat on the bed because of her legs feeling like they would give out. She paused, taking a few deep breaths, then frowned and stood up firmly, pointing at the bed, "No! You sit down! Now!"

"Okay." He obeyed, trying to take a sit as calmly as possible, watching her pace around the room.

He knew his girlfriend. She was getting pissed. What he didn't know was that it was due to her own lack of ability to speak of the matter that weighed on her shoulders.

"Remus..." She stopped in front of him, her voice so tired that he was getting worried that something had happened to her.

She wouldn't look into his eyes, but she was looking at him. She needed to see his reaction without making out anything that would ruin them.

"I'm pregnant."

It was silent again. For a moment, Juliet wondered if he had even heard her. He just looked frozen. Did she not say it out loud? Or did she speak too softly? Why was he not saying anything?