18. JULIET AND JAMES' RESENTMENT

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

TW: PTSD

March 1978

"Why are we back here?"

James' question sounded genuine. Juliet had led them back to the woods from which she had been brutally taken.

A voice inside of her was screaming the same question. She was in complete agony but she couldn't let it past the emotionless face. Now was not the time to wallow in self-pity and let the misery consume her.

"The locket is here." She responded, walking forwards.

With every step she took, she remembered everything that happened as the Lestranges and Lucius Malfoy cornered her. The invisible barrier was long gone now.

It had snowed again, places where you could of found her blood stains were fully covered. What did indicate that that was the right place was the tent stuck in the tree branches above their head.

She froze as she was recalling the events.

"What happened here?" Remus whispered, a slight hesitation in his tone, but his girlfriend couldn't blame him.

She looked ahead of her, and suddenly both boys had disappeared and she was back there again. Her breathing intensified as she frantically looked around.

"James? Remus! JAMES!" She screamed repeatedly, her heart frantically beating against her chest. She tried to control her shaky breathing but her vision was getting blurrier and blurrier and it made it difficult to focus.

Everywhere she looked, spots of blood would appear until she couldn't take it anymore, and closed her eyes, clutching her head as a scream was echoing in her head.

"-IET! JULIET!" The voice that started to become clearer and clearer helped her slowly manage to snap out of it.

It was with great difficulty that she found it in herself to open her eyes again. The relief was grand when she saw Remus and James, standing in front of her, both wearing confused frowns.

With a shaky breathe, she regained composure, knowing it wasn't a good time for her to lose it. They needed to get the Horcrux back.

"Are you okay?" James questioned after a few seconds.

Inhaling and exhaling repetitively as a form of exercising her breathing, she cleared her throat, nodding before she started to tell her story.

"When Regulus left, I got more paranoid and I started doing rounds around the forest, to make sure no one was spying on me."

She was constantly frantic considering she couldn't switch turns with anyone anymore.

"Then that day, something didn't feel right. But nothing was out of usual, the forest was calm. Until it wasn't. I knew something was coming when a group of birds suddenly flew away miles away. I knew I was found because I heard voices. But I had to protect the locket."