56. JULIET AND LABOUR

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

August 8th, 1979

Juliet had been so terribly stressed the entire week that all her friends wondered if they should have sent her to St. Mungo's.

It was useless. She would've refused and physically fought anyone who attempted to force her. Man, Juliet Potter was one stubborn woman. Hopefully, the baby wouldn't inherit that trait.

A week since the seventh month of the year had died, and Juliet was aggressively reading anything nearly related to divination and prophecies. If her baby was born after what the prophecy indicated, would there still be a chance that it was the baby from the prophecy? It had weighed on her mind, and the closest they got to the due date, the less she could concentrate on anything else.

Except, stress was very, very, very bad for pregnant women. Her contractions were terribly painful, and she would curse Remus over a million times a day for making a baby that kept kicking her bladder.

Her and Remus had moved to his parents' house mid the eightth month of pregnancy, so she would feel more at ease, maybe even more connected to the baby since the nursery was there. Hope did her best to smooth the soon-to-be mother's worries, but even she knew that she couldn't grasp the gravity of the situation.

"I can't do this." Juliet cried as the hours passed, and they kept getting closer to her due date.

"Don't say that. Everything will be okay." Remus comforted her the best he could as he massaged her back.

Lyall had attempted to calm her down two hours prior, saying that for muggles, barely 4% of the babies were born on their due dates, most of them were born in the window of two weeks, and maybe they were all worried for nothing. Remus had retorted that he should know well that the potion is extremely precise on both the conception and the due date and that there is no way it had been a random prediction based on calculations.

Hence, the soon-to-be grandfather left to get Madam Pomfrey without arguing further. They had arranged for Poppy to be the one to deliver their baby a long time ago. Juliet knew she wouldn't want to deliver her baby in a hospital, even though it may have been the safest option if anything went sideways. She always wanted her own mother to be there to support her, but that was no longer possible.

So she pleaded with Madam Pomfrey, Andromeda, and Hope to be the ones present in the room alongside Remus, and of course, they all accepted in a heartbeat.

"Where is your dad?" Hope turned to her son.

"He went to get Madam Pomfrey when the contractions got stronger."

"Will he be able to get a hold of her? It's 10 pm."

"Don't worry about it. She knew it was coming."

They both cut their conversation short as Juliet started to have contractions again. Hope helped her stand up, holding her hands as she started to walk with the heavily pregnant girl. When she was pregnant, walking helped better than massages.

The pregnant girl took shaky breaths and started to feel scared. "I don't want to do this, I want my mum."

Hope looked over to her son, unable to hide the sympathy she felt. Remus, who stood there watching helplessly, felt his heart breaking at her words.

"It's going to be okay. You are strong, and by the end of the day, you won't even remember anything but your baby." The mother tried to distract her to the best of her ability.

But she was getting worried, the contractions were getting closer together, and the young mother was no way near relaxed. This could go terribly wrong for Juliet.

~

August 9th, 1979

"We're here! Did we miss it!?" James barged in the house, his group of friends all standing alongside him in the middle of the living room.

"Is Juliet okay!? What about the baby?" Pandora asked immediately after him, worried.

Ted, Lyall, and Nymphadora, who had been sitting there impatiently, all looked up. Ted had been distracting his daughter, who was up way past her bedtime but couldn't sleep because of the commotion that came from upstairs. And Lyall was pacing around anxiously, grateful that everyone had arrived so he wouldn't be alone with his worries.

They all heard Juliet painfully yell from upstairs, causing Daphne to turn to the twin brother with a blank expression. "Does that answer your question?"

"FUCK YOU REMUS, YOU DID THIS TO ME!"

"I'M SORRY!"

The group couldn't help but let out small laughs upon hearing that amongst the utter chaos.

"Should I go upstairs?" James pondered.

"She'll likely rip your eyes out, I would suggest you stay out unless she asks for you." Lily smirked.

James gulped but nodded, receiving a comforting pat on the back from Regulus.

All the best friends of both young parents sat in the living room, anxiously awaiting any news and dreading the worst as the screams got louder. The only thing helping their anxiety was the occasional insult Remus would receive and the women's encouragement for Juliet to keep on pushing.

It was when the first rays of sunshine barely illuminated the clear blue sky that they heard a baby cry. The sun wasn't up yet itself yet light overcame the entire place, and they all stood up in anticipation and a sense of trepidation as Hope ran downstairs with tears in her eyes.

"It's a girl! It's a healthy little girl!" She beamed, embracing her husband, as the entire room cheered in delight.

A baby girl was born on the 9th of August, 1979 at dawn, 5:34 am.

* * *

yay a girl!!
for the astrology obsessed readers, the lil baby's a leo sun&rising and pisces moon

hoping I'm no longer in my flop era