46. JULIET AND A GOOD-BYE GIFT

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

February 1979

After Juliet and Remus announced their pregnancy to all of their friends and family (Hope was absolutely overjoyed to be a grandma), they ended up also announcing it to the members of the Order.

So now, there were, like, a total of twenty-two people who knew. If you didn't count the children.

Juliet had mixed feelings. On one side, there was still the possibility of there being some sort of incident, which will cause Bean to come out before its due date, but then again, magic was pretty precise, so if the magical pregnancy test or whatever declared the due date to be on an exact date, it would definitely happen on that date.

There was also the issue of the number of people who knew, of course. She was scared of the information getting out and an enemy to learn of it and assuming it's the baby from the prophecy. To make matters worse, she wasn't even completely sure that her baby was not the baby from the prophecy. Just because hers is to be born in the first week of August and not "as the seventh month dies" doesn't mean that's not the baby, the dates were pretty close, it truly depends on how technical one chooses to be.

The problem was that Juliet didn't know how much Voldemort knew about the prophecy, and it would only take one corrupt person from the Ministry for the crystal ball to end up in his hands. Her, the baby, the order, and the entirety of the Wizarding World would be screwed.

She tried not to stress about it, so it wouldn't affect the baby either, but it would cross her mind, and she would need a distraction to forget about it.

Dumbledore thought it to be wiser if they separated again. There were too many of them, too many vulnerable ones, all crowded in one area. Molly and Juliet were both pregnant, Daphne had a four-month-old baby, and the Weasleys had three more children. It was safer for all to separate and stay hidden.

Their leader stated they would go after the prophecy after the women had given birth. Until then, he would keep it safe and guard it. They would also resume their search for the two remaining Horcruxes.

Anyway, Juliet, Remus, Sirius, Regulus, and James were to move to another location. Professor McGonagall had prepared a safe house for them, with allies of the Order staying not so far so they could be protected.

On the day of their departure, it was very difficult to get Juliet to leave.

"I don't wanna go!" She cried, latching onto Daphne.

"Don't throw a fit. You knew it would happen eventually when you announced it to the Order." Regulus told her.

"Daphne, they're trying to take me away from you." Juliet tearfully told the blonde, completely ignoring Regulus.

"I will visit and write you, I promise." Daphne smiled reassuringly.

"Why am I not getting this type of adieu?" Amos raised an eyebrow.

"Because Daphne was the only one with a brain in this house." Juliet snarled at him. "Don't leave me with them, please."

"All right, baby, time to go." Remus encouraged, getting whines in response. The werewolf sighed before he approached the two friends and picked up his girlfriend, throwing her over his shoulder.

"NOOOooOoOoOo DAPHNEeEEEeEE!!" She cried dramatically.

"These pregnancy hormones are crazy." James commented.

"DAPHNEEEEEE DON'T LET THEM TAKE ME AWAY!" She yelled until she disappeared out of sight, causing Daphne to facepalm.

"You have no idea, mate." Amos patted his shoulder.

"I suggest not telling her that." Lily said as she walked in the door with her own baggage.

Lily and Peter were going to take the five's place in the Diggorys house.

"Can't we take Pete? I want him to come with us." James hugged his best friend.

"We all do, Prongs, but orders are orders." Sirius sighed, joining the hug.

At least when they were there, they could visit or be visited every two days, if not every day. They didn't feel great about leaving one of their own behind, even though Peter kept reassuring them that he would be okay since he wasn't alone. Him and Lily had become rather good friends over the time they spent together. It made the distance more bearable.

~

"I hate it here." Juliet complained. "Let's go back."

She turned to leave through the door, but Remus turned her back around and stopped her by keeping his arm around her waist.

"You hate it because you just looked at a white wall." Regulus pointed out, walking in.

And suddenly, he got sprayed with water. He stared up, flabbergasted. In fact, all of the boys did.

"What the hell was that?"

"That, Reggie, was a departing gift from my dearest friend Daphne." She showed off the spraying bottle proudly. "Merlin knows I'll need it."

"I'm scared." Sirius whispered to James.

"Same, mate." The twin frowned, taking a step back from his sister and her weapon.

* * *

watch juliet spray them boys like they're dying plants in a garden