60. yes to heaven

Start from the beginning

Even so, Soojin felt surreal when she was offered the passenger seat, Mr. Choi opening the door for her and he took the driving seat. She was used to expensive cars and royal treatment - when she was a miserable princess back in her day. Now, all she felt was overwhelming feelings that associated with the yesteryears.

She could imagine her father pointedly glare at her for scrubbing her hands and yell at her for acting like a fool in public.

"Miss Kang?"

"I am sorry." She blurted instantly. Soojin was nervously rubbing her hands, an habit she had long forgotten. She snapped out of her trance when she a concerned man instead of her furious father. "I am sorry - what did you say?" She hoped Mr. Choi was not the nosey kind and wouldn't hold her hesitant actions against her.

"Seatbelt."

Soojin nodded, nervously grasping the belt from besides her but in the process her mobile slipped from her lap and landed on the carpet with a soft thud. Soojin gulped, tears stinging her eyes as she tried to fathom what the fuck was happening to her. She had travelled in cabs all the while but never had such an episode before.

Then why was it happening to her now?

"joesonghabnida " She muttered a series of apologies, trying to get a hold of herself and pick her mobile only for Mr. Choi to hold her arm. His cold touch instantly brought her back to reality as she looked at her left.

He leaned in closer, almost too close as he reached out for the seatbelt and Soojin could not stop looking so closely at the insanely attractive man. Since when did she find Mr. Choi good looking? And what was that scent? The woody musky scent mixed with a spicy element was engraving in her senses.

Kang Soojin - focus.

She averted her gaze when Mr. Choi looked down at her, he was way too close for her to move and so she held her breath. It may have taken five seconds for Mr. Choi to help buckle the seatbelt, but it seemed like days for the girl.

"You okay, Soojin?" Mr. Choi looked at the girl, who at once turned to him on the mention of her name. "You seemed - shaken."

"Aniyo," She smiled through her lie, shaking her head and the anxiety. "I did not get enough sleep, probably that's why."

"If you say so."

Soojin cursed herself mentally as she drowned in her misery of being a loser, slumping in the seat. And the day had not even started.

_

Seojun had half a mind to go back to the hotel when Soojin had not arrived with the rest of the squad. The photo studio was packed with his management and the HFA team. It was a blessing there were not many fans who had spotted him, else the premises would have been filled with crazy fans. He sat on the chair, a stylist and make-up artists were working on his hair and face, as he sat staring at his reflection in the mirror.

He was dabbed with make-up that hid his swollen eyes, bags underneath them and the will to die.

"Where is Kang Soojin?" Seojun asked when the photographer asked him to follow to the studio room. "I am not going to do this without her and she is already late. If all you wanted was to waste my tim-"

"Han Seojun-shi." The soft voice of the girl calmed the storm before it arose, the rest of the team sighing in relief while Seojun glanced curtly at the woman standing with a smirk. "Apologies for the delay, can we proceed with the shoot?"

Seojun could hardly react whenever Soojin was in front of her so he averted his gaze. Although before they could leave the room, Mr. Choi called out to Soojin and Seojun per usual, held back his frustrated sigh. He saw them exchange a cordial set of pleasantries and then he handed Soojin a little paper envelope and a small smile. Mr. Choi then turned and faced him, raising his hand towards him which Seojun shook - a nod of acknowledgement.