24. dangerous territory

"So that's how it's going to be from now on? You're going to keep avoiding me?"

Kang Soojin was never embarassed in her life. She always did things confidently, if not correctly and took pride in everything she did. Not only did she think through for everything she did, she also had a great command over her words and her posture.

All that was flushed down the drain when she hugged Han Seojun like an idiot.

Soojin always drank coffee to a certain caffeine limit, she had a drunk coffee experience once in middle school which is how she befriended Su-ah and ever since that day, Soojin didn't want herself to act like a drunkard ever again. Of course she was glad that Choi Su-ah became her friend from that day, but she didn't want to do anything weirder than go sing like a hawk in a karoke on a school night.

Who knew Kang Soojin of the future would do more stupid stuff than singing till she loses her voice.

The moment was engraved in her senses, she tried so much over the rest of the weekend to erase it but she couldn't. All she remembered from all of the chaos was the way she clung to the boy, how that cheap deodrant was registered in her memory and how warm his body felt against hers.

Three times she zoned out while studying, twice while eating and one time when she was about to sleep.

So when school started that week, Kang Soojin lay her head deep in her books and stayed clear of the boy. He had skipped class on Monday, which was a good thing for her, but he did arrive later to collect notes only for her to vanish away from sight. Tuesday she avoided him like a plague, before he could ask for lunch, she was long gone and had to eat lunch near the bleachers all by herself. Seojun called out for her before leaving but Soojin only ignored him.

Wednesday however, Han Seojun had enough when he pulled the side chair against the girl and asked the boy to exchange seats with him. Class hadn't started yet, although the kids were all present and amused by how close Soojin and Seojun were lately. There was also a picture circulated in the mutual groups about them in the cafe together and many had already concluded that they were a couple.

Of course, Han Seojun's actions weren't proving otherwise.

"It isn't that way," Kang Soojin replied, she wasn't even looking at the boy, rather at her book. "Also, class is about to start." She replied, monotonous in her tone while her straight hair fell on her face.

"Aaresso, aaresso," Han Seojun slid his chair back in alignment with the other seats, "if that's how you want to go forward." Soojin turned to face the upset boy only to be ignored.

For the entirety of the lectures, Han Seojun sat besides her but didn't turn even once at the girl. It bothered her, even before lunch when he got off and nonchalantly walked away without asking her, it bothered her a lot than she knew it.

The class was empty during lunch and Kang Soojin held the pen like a knife. She was angry and upset but not sure on whom.

"You look like you're going to kill someone."

Soojin didn't expect Su-ah to remain back, nevertheless Soojin withdrew her hand and packed the pen in her pouch. She packed her bag and got her little tiffin out, the staff always packed fresh fruits for her to eat as snacks and although they weren't tasty, it helped with the hunger. She walked past Su-ah but the latter stopped her.

"Really Kang Su?" Su-ah called out to her, her voice stopping Soojin in her tracks. "You're going to walk away like it doesn't matter?"

Soojin turned, breaking off with Jugyeong didn't hurt as much as it did with Su-ah. She really loved the ecstatic girl and albeit Su-ah didn't need her as much as she did, but still, they were a solid duo.