12. dramatic entrance

One day without Kang Soojin went by really fast and honestly without the drama the class needed.

Second day got a little noticeably long, Han Seojun didn't have anyone who was glaring at him nor did the teachers have someone bugging them for more marks.

Third day however was alarming, surprisingly, Seojun caught a lot of the classmates, especially Su-ah eyeing the empty desk on the  right. It was even more worrying when Mr. Han, their homeroom teacher and Ms what's her face, asked the class where Kang Soojin was. Don't ask for the name because Seojun never bothered to learn.

"Han Seojun," Mr. Han looked at the boy seated at the end of the class, he was often found sleeping. "Where's Kang Soojin?" He asked, and Seojun wanted to ask how is that his problem but he remembered she was her partner in the forsaken project. "You have to submit the name and the overlay of your project by the end of the day."

End of the day?

How.

Han Seojun shut his eyes, hands fisted as he felt the anguish wash his face. Now he had to select a fresh topic and create an overlay and then spend an eternity arguing over Soojin over the same. The class dispersed over lunch while Han Seojun kept scrolling over the names of the possible topics he could write about.

World politics

Argh. No.

Global warming and rise of UV rays

What is that?

Death of ancient art

More like death of me.

Western culture and it's widespread

Pffft...

K-pop idol and the boons snd Bane

Too personal

Webtoons and Mangas

Too nerdy

Is Anime taking over the animated industry?

Not a weeb

The direction of a film

Don't have brains

And then Han Seojun came across something that was way more familiar, comfortable and could help him during this time. He gulped, his gaze stuck on that title and refusing to scan the others. The urge to text Soojin and ask for help was getting stronger by the second but he was resisting it. He didn't want to depend on the selfish girl for anything, and if she wasn't responsible enough to attend school then be it, he'd choose for the both of them.

"Han Seojun..."

The stressful boy looked up to see Su-ah out of all standing from across him. It was rare for anyone to speak to him since he had a notorious reputation of a bad boy and a gangster. Except for Suho, Jugyeong and now Soojin, no one spoke to him. So it was surprise to see Su-ah wanting to speak to him.

"Yes?"

"Kangsu-" Su-ah hesitated, words seemed too hard for her to grasp, "i mean, Kang Soojin..." She stopped again making Han Seojun to lean back on his chair, eyeing the girl, confused and startled. "I mean..." She didn't finish it however, and stomped her feet, exasperated by her own self and without a goodbye she left the class.

"Mwo..." Seojun shook his head and retreated to the list on his cell, "this entire class is insane." He muttered under his breath, and decided on the topic which he'd have to choose. Even though it was the last thing he wanted to do.