36. joh-ahae

36. joh-ahae

Soojin was stunned, honestly she expected Jugyeong to break their friendship, insult her, point out and even slap her for what she did. It was wrong, very wrong of her to rip off the band-aid where it hurt her the most and let the old wounds bleed. She knew it was wrong of her to blame and hurt Jugyeong, and there was no excuse for what she did. But she was too ashamed to ask for forgiveness, too ashamed to face her father, too ashamed to do anything. 

Jugyeong was hurt, she could see the pain in the eyes of hers. To her, Jugyeong was always the prettiest and not because of her looks, rather for her warm personality. It took So-ah the entirety of middle school to be friends with her, but Jugyeong took a week and she instantly liked the girl. What was not to like about her? She was sweet, kind, never spoke rudely to anyone, was a sweetheart and wore her heart on her sleeves. 

The exact opposite to her.

And maybe that was why Soojin instantly clicked with Jugyeong. She was the piece of hers that was missing and likewise. But she threw it all away for Suho, the guy who did not give two shits about anyone. He was cold, aloof, kept to himself and even when he similar to her, he was way different. He let his brooding expressions tell how uninterested he was while Soojin kept her smile as a fake persona to hide her real self. 

In a way she was hiding her true self too. So she was a hypocrite for revealing Jugyeong's secret when she was living a double life this entire fucking time. 

Soojin felt drops of water fall on her head, she looked up at the sky and was greeted with more splatter and while everyone on the street ran haywire, Soojin froze still looking up. The rain poured heavily, darker clouds had speedily covered the sky and the splash of cold water was bringing Soojin to her senses. She had become a monster she feared of her whole life. She had lost everything, her family, her friends, and now her will to move forward. 

Why? Why her? 

The point of hardships was to appreciate the happier times and live with simpler things, the silver lining, the morning after the dark but where was her sunshine? Where was her good? Everyone was moving forward, they were happy, they had someone to fall back on and here Soojin was drenched in cold water, lost in the middle of the street. How is she unlucky with life? How is she so fucking pathetic?

The rain hit her face, the drops felt like pebbles with the speed they were falling and Soojin let a few of her own tears fall on her face. She was lost, even when she knew her way back home. But there was no home to go back to. No friends to spend some time with. She clung to her bag, walking away slowly, the only one on the street who was not bothered about the rain. 

However when she took a turn a car horn almost blew her eardrums apart, a strong grip pulled her away and she slipped over the pavement but while she felt tremendous pain in her ankle, the warm arms of Han Seojun enveloped her closer to him and she shut her eyes. It was easier to recognise Seojun, his cheap deodorant was an easy give but the same fragrance smelt so much like home to her. Soojin opened her eyes and watched Seojun panting, holding her close, a hand on her arm, the other on the back of her head. 

"You are more of an idiot than I thought of." He looked at her, angry and upset as Soojin pushed him away when she saw the attention focal on them, but she limped almost immediately making Seojun to hold her again. "gwenchana? What's wrong?" 

"Nothing," Soojin ran her hand through her wet hair, frustrated by this man who was more of a magnet than an actual one. "Seojun stop this." She was crying, and she could disguise it under the raindrops but Seojun could easily point to her tears that fell from those reddish eyes. "I told you, I know about this stupid plan, so please, don't-" But Seojun paid no heed to her, going down on his knees and examining her ankle, the rain drenching them completely.