38. seven days

38. seven days

Kang Soojin had a week.

She had bet her life on this and if this did not work, Soojin had no reason to look forward to anything else. She had seven days and the countdown had started.

"Seven days until the finals," Her father said, glaring at her on the breakfast table whilst Soojin only stared at the cereal in front of her. "You better not secure a rank less than first. Do not embarrass me more than you already have."

Soojin did not even bother replying or even looking up at him.

The more she looked at him, the more she wanted to slam her fists in his despicable face.

"Soojin-ah, are we clear?" Her father asked her for a response, clearly he could not read the room. "Kang Soojin."

"Do I have a say?" Soojin replied, sitting back calmly, shrugging. "Why expect me to answer when there is only one acceptable answer to you, Mr. Kang." She was riling him and rightfully so, he fisted his hands.

"Kang Soojin, you have some nerve for someone who cannot beat Lee Suho. He is the son of an actor, a pathetic miserable actor and you are my daughter."

"Daughter?" Kang Soojin chuckled, taking her parents in surprise, as she shook her head. She wiped her tears, supposedly from all the laughing while picking her bag. "You do have a sense of humor Appa, I will give you that." She proceeded to walk away but her father got up, insulted and angered.

"KANG SOOJIN."

"What?" Soojin turned, unbothered and cool as a tree, "do you want me to come closer so you can hit me? Or am I allowed to attend the school you paid so much to go to?" That stunned the old man and got her mother out of her hangover, clearly the sun had risen from the other side and with no sparing look, Soojin was out of the hellhole.

Seven Days, Soojin whispered to herself, holding her hands in a tight fist. She desperately felt the need to go and wash them, scrub the invisible durt off them but she held herself, reminding that seven days were all she had.

"Annyeong."

Soojin darted her eyes at the charming boy waving at her from outside the complex gate. Her eyebrows furrowed in surprise, because Han Seojun was outside on his bike and smiling at her.

There were so many thing wrong in that statement.

Han Seojun waiting for her, on his bike, smiling and Soojin almost decided to take a turn and go back to the hell she knew.

"YA, we are getting late, pali pali." He yelled at her, and Soojin ignored the way the bystanders were staring at him, the girls especially gawking at the handsome boy. She walked out of the gate and stood besides him.

"You are late, kiddo."

"What are you doing here?" She asked, hands folded across her chest. "And what is with that goofy grin?" She narrowed her gaze, while Seojun smiled a bit more, shaking his head and leaning over the handle of his bike, and inching closer to her.

Soojin held her breath, she was not used to Seojun standing so close to her and clearly, he was not either. Nonetheless, they did not back off, both of them too stubborn to let go of their stance. Seojun looked in those black eyes, he could see how tired they were, and despite of everything, still ready to keep up with the fight and he could also see his reflection. He once hated himself for not being there for a friend who needed him, and he was not going to make the same mistake twice.

"Are you going to keep staring in my pretty eyes or are you going to hop back so we can go to school?" Soojin averted her eyes immediately.

"Hajima," She cleared her throat, nevertheless she sat behind him on his bike. "Your eyes are not that pretty." She said, eyeing him through the rear view mirror and Seojun passed her the spare helmet he carried.