60. yes to heaven

If you go, I'll stay
You come back, I'll be right here

say yes to heaven,
say yes to me

- say yes to heaven (lana del ray)

60. yes to heaven

Soojin was typing furiously on her laptop. It did not matter what she was working on, as long as she was working on something to get her mind off things. It had been almost a week since she was with Seojun and her life had taken a sharp turn from the boring, standstill to a rollercoaster of emotions and events.

Even now, as she worked on the advert shoot, all she could do was think about Seojun. She had proposed the idea of being friends with him and he hadn't replied to her yet. With the burning sensation in her heart and the fear of losing Seojun, the worrisome habits of her roommate was adding on to her misery.

Yoon Jaehun was acting just as weird and aloof as Han Seojun did to her and it was pissing her off. He woke her up at 4 am (again), to go to the library and would not come back home until she was asleep. He did not reply to her texts nor did he call her back when she did.

Why were all her boys ignoring her?

So before she could go all Kang Soojin on them, she busied herself in the work that was not hers to do. She finalised the script for the advert shoot, the presentation for the next product launch and worked out an entire day itinerary for the Busan concert. She contacted the photographers for the shoot, emailed a set of reminders to both teams and then worked until she was interrupted by her team leader.

"Miss Kang - " He was surprised to see Soojin's busy state. He could sense how irritated and edgy she, and wondered why she punched in at work at 6 in the morning. "Kang Soojin."

Soojin stopped typing at once, looking at the tall man with little to no expressions. She was doing everything she could to not burst out in flames, especially at her team leader. She desperately needed that bonus and raise she worked so hard for and no way would she let two silly boys take it from her.

"Yes?"

Mr. Choi was taken aback at the calm composure of the girl who looked more in authority in that moment - her eyes holding a challenging aura. But his stern expressions could hardly picture his true self, so he stood back with his hand in his pocket with a gaze that matched hers.

"You were supposed to go with the team for the photoshoot."

"What photoshoot?"

"The one with Mr. Han."

Soojin muttered a curse under her breath, shutting her eyes and fisting her palm. She completely forgot about the shoot and hurriedly packed her laptop in her bag and pinned her hair in a loose bun. She had no time for touch ups and no time to eat either, despite being hungry since morning.

"Sorry - jangnim, I'll head there." She bowed before she grabbed her stuff and headed out of the little room.

"Wait - " Mr. Choi shook his head, reaching out to her and asking for her bag. "I am heading to the airport, I'll drop you on the way."

The airport was on the opposite part of the photoshoot location but Soojin did not speak up against the stone cold man. So she bowed, appreciating his gesture and followed him as he carried her bag and walked out of the office. For now she already had tons of things to worry about, so she could put the strange things Mr. Choi did in a box - to wonder about it later.

This was the first time Soojin had been granted a car ride by the infamously rude Team Leader who would never allow anyone in his expensive car. She had heard tales about his extreme attachment towards his car and how he'd never let anyone in. But then, they were all office rumors and she knew that gossip mill often ran crazy. He had offered her a ride before, and he had been kind about it.