Unexpected Guest

Adrian carefully applied the cotton soaked in spirit to her wound, and she winced at the stinging sensation. Her delicate pink lips quivered as a soft "sss" escaped them, and her eyes, a mixture of fear and confusion, remained fixed on Adrian's face.

Adrian, sensing her resistance, softened his touch, assuring her, "It will only hurt for a while. Bear with it." Despite his soothing words, the bride, haunted by past memories, thought he was irritated with her and asking her to be quiet. Clenching her fist, she prepared herself for the pain. Adrian continued with his careful treatment, gently bandaging her hand as if crafting a delicate promise of care and protection. The room, once charged with tension, now held a subtle shift - an unspoken acknowledgment of shared pain and silent understanding.

In the dimly lit kitchen, Adrian carefully stows away the medical supplies, a quiet acknowledgment of the fragility he's just touched. The bride, still enveloped in her own world of pain, continues to cry, tears streaming down her flushed cheeks, dampening her long, wet eyelashes.

Adrian, compelled by an instinct he barely recognizes, moves to wipe away her tears. His hand hesitates in mid-air, a fleeting warmth reaching out for her delicate face. However, her flinch, clenched fists, and tightly closed eyes reveal the haunting scars of past torment. In her terrified anticipation, she braces for the sting of a slap, echoing the harsh memories of Henry and others in the main house.

Adrian, sensing her fear, abruptly retreats his hand, creating an unexpected pause. As she cautiously opens her eyes, she finds Adrian standing before her, his icy gaze seemingly stern. Misinterpreting his intent, she believes he is growing annoyed by her tears, mirroring the dismissive reactions she faced in the main house.

In her silent plea for comfort, she longs for Petunia's reassuring presence, the only solace she once had, where tears were met with understanding and not disdain. The air in the room remains heavy with unspoken emotions, and the fragile connection between them teeters on the edge of vulnerability.

 The air in the room remains heavy with unspoken emotions, and the fragile connection between them teeters on the edge of vulnerability

Adrian, the embodiment of strength and allure, places his own pair of men's slippers gracefully before the bride. The act, seemingly mundane, unfolds with a sensual undercurrent, accentuated by the deliberate placement that hints at both care and authority. The slippers become a symbol of uncharted territories, warmth, and perhaps an unforeseen intimacy.

 The slippers become a symbol of uncharted territories, warmth, and perhaps an unforeseen intimacy