17. Rishi's here

Drithi

As the next morning rolled in, I got ready for the puja that was going to start. Today Bua will start the Puja followed by the king and Queen performing the Aarthi. The fair is going to start today and last for the entire 9 days of the Utsav. As a child, it was one of my favorite things about this Utsav. It has been years since I attended this Utsav. It will grandly take place every 5 years and I missed the last one as I didn't want to come to the people who didn't trust me.

I climbed down the stairs and was greeted with the sight of Chachi and Bua preparing Prashad in the kitchen while the Queen was giving some instructions to the workers around.

"Good morning, beauties!" I greeted both of them and kissed their cheeks while they patted mine lovingly.

"Why don't you go and check up on the boys? Go and see if they woke up or not." Bua suggested and I walked out nodding at them. I decided to check on Anmol first and went to his room. I knocked on the door and entered after he asked me to. He was ready but was struggling to tie his watch. I helped him in wearing the watch and went to check on Adi bhayya. 

He was on a call with some of his clients and was struggling with his cufflinks. I helped him with the cufflinks, signaled him to come fast, and went to check on Shubh. He was sitting silently on his bed which was very unlikely of my lively Mickey.  I went and sat beside him.

"What happened to my Mickey?" I asked nudging his shoulder and he broke down into sobs. I immediately collected into a warm hug and started rubbing his back comforting him. I didn't understand why he broke down into tears but gave him a few minutes to compose himself.

"What happened, bachha?" I asked calmly rubbing his back. He pulled back and laid down in my lap crying more. I caressed his hair and whispered sweet things to him.

"I don't deserve bhayya, Moon! He sacrificed everything for me and I kept blaming him. I don't deserve him," He sobbed and I wiped off his tears cupping his face in my hands.

"Don't think like that bachha. You were a kid at that time and didn't know why your brother did that right? And it was not your mistake. It was the situations that made him take that decision and made you feel lonely." I explained but he shook his head crying.

"But I had you, Anmol and Manya Di. Bhai was all alone in a different country. He must have gone through a lot for me but he never scolded me for being an ass to him, he never lashed out at me for my thanklessness." His sobs increased with each word and I didn't know how to console him. I just sat there with him supporting him as I framed a reply in my mind. 

"Mickey, your brother loves you. That's why he never scolded you. And as you said, he was all alone for years. Now you should let go of all these thoughts and patch up with him." I suggested and he nodded at me getting up.

"I want to, Moon. But my mind is clouded with all the hurtful words I said to him. I want to go away for a while. I want to clear my mind before going back to bhai." He confessed and maybe the change of environment will help him overcome his guilt.

"Then take a break. You can go on a trip and cool yourself down." I suggested and he nodded at me wiping his tears.

"I will go after this Utsav. I don't want to add another regret to the list. What if you go back with Rishi bhai before I come back from my trip?" He asked innocently and I nodded at him. He is right, I wanted to go back long back but Dadu stopped me saying it is not good for anyone if the daughter goes away before or during the festival which made me stay back until this Utsav.

"Now get ready, cry baby. Everyone is waiting for their naughty devil." I said pulling his cheeks and he chuckled nodding at me. I went out after that to let him get ready. 

I was on my way down when I came across Abhimaan. He was in his usual three-piece suit with a blue shirt and dark blue blazer. His tendrils danced on his forehead which made my hands itch to set them back. His blue eyes bore into mine making me still in my place. His full plump lips tugged up on seeing me in front of him and I smiled back at him muttering

"Good morning," in a slow voice. 

"Good morning," he wished me back and we both walked down together as we stole glances at each other. 

"Abhimaan, where is Riya?" the Queen asked on seeing us, completely ignoring my presence and I did the same as I walked to my Dadu and sat beside him. 

"I don't know Rani Sa," Abhimaan shrugged making me chuckle internally. He sat across us on the other couch beside Adi bhayya. Riya made her dramatic entry after a while.

"Someone said they would get the perfumes and the signed copy of the book for her cousin, where is she?" Riya exclaimed dramatically making me roll my eyes at her drama. If she had been born in times where dramas were still prominent she would make a great shurpanaka or maybe tataka.

"Why are you so desperate, Riya?" I questioned sarcastically while she sat down on the couch beside Abhimaan who scooted closer to Adi bhayya as soon as she sat.

"I am always desperate to see you lose, Drithi," She replied back in the same tone irking me. 

"Then you are going to die desperate because my Di never loses," Anmol replied sitting beside me wrapping his hand around my shoulder. Riya was about to say something but a voice caught our attention making me run to the door,

"Butterfly," I heard Rishi's voice and I ran to the entrance at the speed of light. There he was, holding a bag in his hand, his trolley lying beside him, grinning at me. 

"Rishi!" I exclaimed and ran into his arms which made him take a few back steps due to force but he balanced himself and engulfed me in a tight hug. We broke the hug and I dragged him in.

"Dadu, he is Rishi," I was cut in the middle by Riya.

"One of your boyfriends?" She questioned making a disgusting face that made my blood boil. Rishi looked at her in pure disgust and hatred before turning his attention to Bhai as he warned her before any of us could say something.

"Riya, mind your tongue, and don't forget you are talking about my sister!"  Adi bhai yelled at her and she shivered a little at his tone but soon composed herself.

"What wrong did I say bhai? Didn't you see her running into his arms?" She cross-questioned. The audacity of this woman to support her acts.

"All hugs are not romantic, Riya. Why am I even saying this to someone like you?" Anmol gritted walking to us and sharing a bro hug with Rishi.

"Whatever," she muttered and sat back. I could see Abhimaan's angry glare at her from the time she started talking. This man surely needs meditation classes if he doesn't figure out whatever he wants to do as soon as possible.

"Here, Matthew said you asked for it," Rishi passed me the bag that contained perfumes and the book. I took it from his hands and he wrapped his hand around my shoulder, pulling me close before glaring at Riya as he warned,

"You miss, if I again see you using that tone with my sister, you will be solely responsible for whatever happens to you after that. A word against her and you will see the worst side of mine," He warned Riya and turned to me with a smile which I returned.

"Thank you for this, but we are not done here. You have to explain it," I warned and he nodded raising his hands. 

"Is that what I am thinking it is?" Divi asked with her face full of excitement and I nodded handing it over to her.

"Wow Di! How did you manage to get the first set?" She squealed in joy while I smiled at her.

"Because this man here owns the brand," I said pointing to Rishi and she almost fainted in excitement.

"Now that Riya has spoiled the previous introduction, let me introduce him again. Meet Mr. Rishab Sherawat, everyone. He's the owner of RD Cosmetics and also invests in many fashion brands. And most importantly he's my brother, Rishi!" I introduced.

"Honestly, I am just proud of the last part among all those, and there is someone else who holds equal shares in everything mentioned before," Rishi declared looking at me and I smiled back at him while others were still processing the unexpected guest's arrival.