11. I Lub You More Mommy

Start from the beginning

"Are you gonna leave soon?"

"I will have to go in the evening." River replied.

"I won't go to school today." She hummed.

"I know. I am not letting you go for at least a week." River replied as exhaustion shut down her senses.

Kiara said something else but River was fast asleep by then.

.

.

.

"Hey, baby girl?"

River whined in her sleep, swatting away Susan's hand. "One more hour Momma."

She heard her mother chuckle.

"Mommy!!" She heard another voice.

Now who's this?

Her eyes snapped open as realization struck her. She was not in school anymore, she had two kids!

River turned around and opened her eyes.

"How are you feeling priceless?" She asked Kiara as she cupped her face. She had the largest smile on her face so River assumed that she didn't feel any pain anymore.

"I am good, Mommy!" She grinned in her cute baby voice. River sat up and held her arms wide for a hug she and her kid needed.

Kiara didn't skip a second before she crawled into her arms, wrapping her arms around her Mommy. "I lub you baby."

"I lub you more Mommy."

"I sent Lucas to school." Susan said. "To say he was displeased, would be the understatement of the century."

"Did he throw any tantrum?" River asked, inspecting Kiara's foot in a cast.

"No, but probably because he didn't want to wake his two girls up." She grinned. "He's four years old and he's already looking out for both of you."

River nodded, grinning like an idiot. She was raising royalties; one a precious little princess and the other a valiant prince. Except for the times when Kiara becomes super pissed, then she becomes a warrior princess. Otherwise she was the cutest.

"What time is it?" River asked out loud, grabbing her phone from the nightstand. It was one thirty-eight.

Damn, she had slept more than eight hours. And not to forget about four hours in Mr. Adesso's room.

Gotta apologize for that. The inner voice said.

How embarrassing!

"Mommy, let's eat lunch? You skipped breakfast."

She nodded my head, placing a kiss on her baby's cheek before making her way into the bathroom to freshen up.

Oh to use my own soap again!

River quickly freshened up and put on a hoodie and shorts. It felt less comfortable after days in scrubs.

She took care of her laundry and repacked the duffel bag she keeps in her cabin in case of emergencies.

She then proceeded to the dining table. They rarely used this place because they usually ate at the kitchen counter. But Susan and her grandmother, Lillith made it a point to use the dining table.

Susan was serving food onto the plates.

Grilled chicken in barbeque sauce, hot dogs and choco mousse.

Susan knew how to make her kid and grandkids happy.

Mrs. Marley was nowhere in sight.

"Where's Mrs. Marley?"

"She went out to buy some stuff. Will be back in an hour or so, with Lucas." Her mom replied, motioning her to sit down.

Kiara animatedly narrated what had happened that led to her torn ligament.

"As soon as I fell, Flynn ran to me and tried to help." She said, poking her sausage with her fork. "But it hurt, Mommy, and I cried so Lukey pushed him."

River mentally facepalmed.

She really needed to have a talk with Lucas. This child named Flynn was only trying to help.

"I already sent a pack of Snickers with him and asked him to apologize to that child." Susan smiled, knowing very well what was going on in her daughter's mind. "I also asked Lukey to get his parent's number so that we could properly thank him as well."

She smiled gratefully but then thought that maybe she should thank and apologize to the kid in person.

She looked at the wall clock. Two thirty.

"Mom, I think Ki and I will go to pick Luke today. Can you let Mrs. Marley know?" River said. "I will get them some ice cream as well. And maybe drop by Shane's later."

She hadn't seen her best friend Sebastian Shane in a while.

He was pretty busy, rearing his two-year-old Mia and working from home, because Alison was super busy these days. She was not just an assistant anymore. She was the secretary to the CEO.

"Of course honey. I think I should head back as well." She smiled. "Visit your grandma during the weekends, won't you?"

"GG!!" Kiara squealed. Lillith Johnson was a cool lady and insisted the babies call her GG, short for great-grandmother.

"No promises." River said apologetically. Mom nodded in understanding but Kiara pouted. "I am sorry princess." She kissed her forehead. "Maybe you and Luke can stay there over the weekend?"

Bless her four-year-old heart, her face lit up immediately at those words.

.

.

.

_______________________________