8. I Can't Feel My Leg

Start from the beginning

"I am glad he got to you." Adam chuckled as he sat down. "Just imagine how humiliating it would be if a Capo of the Sicilian Mafia died from a bullet on the leg!"

The duo realized his mistake a bit too late and looked up when they heard a visible gasp. Mateo mentally cursed Adam for saying that out loud.

Mateo dug his hand under the pillow and pulled out his silver gun. Her eyes widened as she stood there shocked, trembling with fear.

"You didn't hear what he just said." He said emotionlessly, cocking the gun in her direction.

She nodded her head quickly, still trembling.

"I need another nurse." She nodded again.

"Leave." Adam growled. "And remember, not a word about this. To anyone."

She quickly gathered her stuff from the desk and hurried out, struggling to open the door with her shaking hands. As soon as she left the room, Mateo turned to his second in command,

"That was all your fault!"

He shrugged before smirking. "I don't care."

.

.

.

It took Mateo all of his self-control to not put a bullet through the brunette who was desperately trying to get him to notice her cleavage.

Adam and Leonardo sat on the couch laughing while he just glared at the closed door.

His hands itched to pull out his gun and shoot his best friend in the crotch for the torture he was putting him through.

After Susan left, a male nurse had stayed in her station until his shift ended. The nurse doing night duty was a woman named Rachel. She was young, around the age of Dr. Johnson, and did her job without gawking at the Italian Capo too much. But the nurse who took over Rachel's shift today morning was a puttana who put on a show whenever possible. (puttana – whore)

Leonardo had flown back to New York as soon as the meeting was over. He promised he would stay back with his cousin so that Katrina could go back to Italy with Alessio, Luigi, and Abrianna because Abrianna needed her there at her Sicily villa for a few days to prepare for a party she was holding and she had thought her party was more important than her own grandson's health.

She couldn't help it. She lacked feelings.

It was past three and Mateo had been visited by resident doctors twice, one of them took him to do some tests as well. He said it looked better now.

Good.

Mateo didn't want any more complications.

But he did want to see a certain curly-haired lioness.

"Would you like something to eat, Mr. Adesso?" The woman said in a squeaky voice which Mateo guessed she meant was to be sexy. Well, it wasn't.

"I thought I was on a liquid diet." He said coldly. He was not going to give her any reaction.

"But I could sneak something in if you want me to." She continued with her annoying squeaks.

"I will pass." He said and turned his head quickly when he heard the door creak open.

"Dr. Johnson is here." One of his men, Wells, said as he let her in.

"Dr. Johnson." Mateo nodded in response to her greeting smile. She was followed by a man twice her size.

"This is my intern, Dr. Eric Fentell." She smiled, pointing at the guy.

"Um... You are the doctor?" Adam asked out of nowhere. The man doesn't hesitate to flirt when he sees a decent woman. Emphasis on decent. That's why he didn't make a move on big-boobed brunette over there.