Book 2 Teaser

Merry Christmas! And here's my gift to you! A teaser for what's to come. I have a few of the beginning chapters figured out and a few of the fights, but I'm still working on parts of it. I've had numerous moments where I've developed moments that will happen later in the timeline, not to mention other things that have happened since. I've also been quite busy playing the Scarlet and Violet DLC (I hate that all the legendaries are shiny locked).

I haven't forgotten about this story, but brainstorming a story isn't easy for everyone, especially when you need to juggle characters and develop fight scenes (still rather new to this).

Can you believe they're actually making another Kung Fu Panda movie? Not gonna lie, I'm not reassured that we didn't see any of the Furious Five in that trailer. But in honor of that, and for Christmas, here we are with a glimpse of what's to come!

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon or Kung Fu Panda, nor the art used. Any OCs however, are mine unless stated otherwise.

-

Book 2 Teaser:

Just as Riley evolves

We find ourselves encased by a sandy darkness. A sandstorm kicked up in the middle of the dark desert sky.

A shrouded figure appears through the storm, walking with purpose and disregarding the storm as their cloak is blown around by the torrent of dusty wind. Looking closer, the tiniest shimmer of light can be seen reflecting from a pair of goggles in the hood, the being's face still being shrouded by darkness.

The mysterious figure trudges along through the storm and stops. They looked upon the vast wasteland as if they were looking for something. They turn right then back to their left before halting. The figure proceeds to change direction. It's as though they may have found something...

After walking for who knows how long, the figure found itself standing before a staircase in the sand. Around the sandstone stairs were broken pillars. Perhaps these were some kind of ancient ruins?

The figure went down the stairs, escaping the sandstorm and finding themselves in an open ruin. The interior resembled the broken-down appearance from before, but was surprisingly still quite intact, barring what appeared to be sinkholes scattered about at numerous spots along the floor.

The figure simply avoided the sinkholes and found themselves staring down another staircase heading deeper into the ground before continuing down said staircase.

This went on for a while, the figure going down story after story and deeper into the Earth until they found themself in another open area with a great mountain of sand spilling in.

The figure noticed the sand before looking down and pulling something from its pocket, revealing a clawed hand holding a small crystal. The figure held the crystal close to them before whispering something.

The crystal shattered, releasing a dark energy that flowed toward the mountain of sand, shooting upward and into a wall, leaving a wispy remnant behind as a sort of trail.

The figure climbed the sand and rested their clawed hand against the wall. They reached back and a Shadow Claw appeared around it, before slashing the wall at an angle. The wall collapsed in front of them as they loomed in front of it.

The light from the hole was the only light in the room, revealing a much more intact version of the previous ruins. There was writing on the walls and depictions of a moth-like creature surrounded by flames.