Chapter 4: Defiant Souls

Riley: Huh...this is weird. I got here before him. I wonder where he went?

LEGOBRICK13: Aaaaaand I'm back!

Riley: Where were you?

LEGOBRICK13: Just making a delivery.

Riley: ...It was Chekov, wasn't it?

LEGOBRICK13: Yes. Yes, it was.

Riley: Am I to assume you were delivering a few rounds for his gun?

LEGOBRICK13: *mimicking Zavala* Indeed. (I miss Lance Reddick)

Riley: I figured as much.

LEGOBRICK13: Alright then. So on the other website when I first posted this story I had one person consistently leave a review with each chapter, so I'll just address what they had said in reaction to those chapters at the beginning here.

shirkahn  - Can't wait to see Riley humble both Shifu and Tigress.

Those two certainly did need some humbling in the first movie.

To answer a general question: yes, Riley is basically replacing Po in this situation, it's actually what OkamiSamurai did in their story that I had mentioned inspired mine a bit. I do have plans for Po...eventually (it might take a while to get there, since I'm trying to come up with something for an original entry into this world based more on the Pokémon side. I have my general direction I want to take it and have my main ideas drafted out in their most basic descriptions, but I'm still working on...a lot of how I want interactions to go). In any case, I hope you enjoy the story!

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon or Kung Fu Panda, nor the art used. Any OC's however, are mine unless stated otherwise.

-

Chapter 4: Defiant Souls

Riley is seen pacing around atop a small cliff, overlooking a sea of fog that covered the valley. Upon the cliff was a small peach tree, its pink leaves swaying softly in the wind of the night.

Riley, in the past, was often a very sociable person. He would go around his hometown doing every little thing to help when he could, and would play with the people his age, finding an appreciation for a sport quite popular in the Galar and Unova regions of his home country (one whose name is fought about with as much ferocity as a Zangoose and Seviper fighting over...anything really). He had many friends that he would constantly hang out with, and his family was friends with just about everyone in the town. Overall, people enjoyed his company and he enjoyed their's.

But that had all changed when he reached the Evolution age.

The people native to his home consisted of a variety of different species, some of which holding heavy resemblance to others across the world, but what set them apart was something they all shared: the Evolution Gene. Species with the Evolution Gene came to be referred to as Pokémon, and while not all Pokémon could evolve (though some of those species would miraculously become capable of doing so over time and sometimes at random), they all held this genetic trait. The Evolution Gene's origin is shrouded in mystery, but one thing remains consistent: power. The gene made these various species inherently stronger than others, and highly receptive to adaption; this would often make them "Evolve" under certain conditions. Evolution does a number of things, but it is most commonly tied to the maturity of a Pokémon and comes with an enhancement to them like a stronger body, faster speed, or a more intelligent mind. Different species would evolve at different rates, and some will benefit more from it than others, but if you evolved it would make you feel more like...you. It would make you more of what you truly are, and Riley's kindness would've only made him even more so.