Chapter 10: In Blackest Night

[Found that image when I was searching for GIFs. Thought it was funny]

LEGOBRICK13: Hey guys. You know how we usually have something weird going on moments before the chapter starts?

Lyla: Yes?

Riley: I'm usually the one who is in pain during these moments, so yes. I know about them.

LEGOBRICK13: What say we just...get to the chapter instead?

Riley: That would be most appreciated.

Lyla: That's reasonable.

LEGOBRICK13: Okay then.

By the way, for those of you who might not have noticed, the major theme and Riley's mentality in the flashback was heavily based around Infinite from Sonic Forces. I did that since Infinite is a Jackal and his lines regarding his weakness in trying to stop Shadow fit well for Riley at that moment in time. Heck, Tigress' first lines while in the mindscape and flashback- Riley's beginning interaction with Lyla are essentially the same lines from the Episode Shadow Mission 2. Be ready for another reference to another jackal-like being in the finale too.

The final act of the events of the first movie is nearly upon us. Now for the calm before the storm. I hope you all enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon or Kung Fu Panda, nor do I own any of the art. Any OCs however, are mine unless stated otherwise.

-

Chapter 10: In Blackest Night

"You've done well in your training. You've managed to successfully bring out your Aura, advance in your fighting techniques, and even hone your mind. You thought quickly in going to the carpenters first in order to decide the correct log size for the tree to be divided, and developed a method to safely bring the tree down without harming the surrounding environment, while also improving your movement precision simultaneously. I'm rather impressed you managed to pick up on Mantis' way of fighting so quickly." Shifu praised.

Riley could be seen in a sitting kneeling position before Shifu, who matched his position, as the Riolu's eyes were closed. "It was simply the most efficient in both regards. My grandfather used to say 'It is important to draw wisdom from many different places' and there is nothing wrong with becoming a Jack of all Trades. Even if you are not a master of them, having them at your disposal can keep your opponent on their toes if you switch styles mid-fight." Riley acknowledged, opening his eyes.

"As for the tree, by using Mantis' style it made it easy to climb higher up the tree and to build momentum, and therefore adapt to moving at higher speeds and improve perception; 'two birds with one stone' if you will. I went to the carpenters since I knew there was only so much material they could use at a time, and since they would be the ones using it." Riley finished.

He briefly thought back to it. Jumping off the sides of the trees to climb to the top and carrying the momentum as he chipped away at the trunk from every side. He would flare his Aura at the moment before the blow and drop it immediately after to get a handle on activating his Aura Strength on command. When the trunk had been reduced enough that it could be broken off in one more strike, he would strike slightly higher than before to cause the log to spin as he stood on the remaining trunk to help support the weight. He struggled at first, but using his Aura Strength allowed him to support the weight long enough to bring it to the ground with Shifu supporting the other side. Shifu had assisted him in bringing the log to the ground for the first few, due to the height they would fall from being too much to ask of the student to support at that stage.