Chapter 7: Fly like Icarus

[I don't know what possessed me to use the image above...but I'm compelled to keep it.]

Riley: Hey Lyla! You know where the boss is?

Lyla: *points her thumb to her side*

Riley: *looks to where she's pointing as a smile creeps onto his face*

LEGOBRICK13: 

Riley: YES! That's how it feels!

Lyla: You happy, now?

Riley: Yes. Very much.

LEGOBRICK13: *lets out a long whine of pain*

Lyla: *sighs* I guess I'll look over shirkahn's review then. They were the first one to point it out previously (and without any images because that's how the other website works), but yes, the goat lady Riley served in the first chapter is the same Soothesayer. Due to the nature of writing these after the main films have all been released, we have the benefit of being able to sets things up for the future entries with little moments like that. I'm sure many of you who know about Pokémon probably know who Cortex is, but I'll still give you guys the riddle we gave shirkahn back then when he couldn't figure out who Cortex' was (honestly LEGOBRICK13 essentially just copied the description form Bulbapedia).

Riddle: Whether 6 or 7 it doesn't matter, for 8 is when he shines. Should you try to fight him though, you face a wrath divine.

Cortex: We'll give you some time to figure out why this was chosen. LEGOBRICK13 was actually quite proud of coming up with that one on his own!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon or Kung Fu Panda. Any OC's however, are mine unless stated otherwise.

-

Chapter 7: Fly like Icarus

Returning to the bunkhouse, we see Riley standing atop a small stepladder as he prepares a pot of noodles, he pulls open his satchel to reveal a dried blue berry about as big as his fist. He cuts up the berry before adding it to the pot and stirring the dish.

"And, we're good to go!" The Riolu exclaimed, ladling the soup into five bowls.

He places one of the bowls atop his head and two along both his outstretched arms. He walks around the table sitting each bowl in his arms beside the Furious Five, minus Tigress who already has a plate of tofu.

"Dig in everyone." He says cheerily, grabbing the bowl still atop his head and placing it at the empty seat at the table, having to pull the chair in and sits on his knees in the seat. His expression is slightly anxious.