1

In the cavernous expanse of a dimly lit room, a chilling atmosphere gripped the air. A middle-aged man knelt, begging for forgiveness, oblivious to the absence of mercy in the devilish aura that surrounded the man standing before him. With a dark aura, he laughed, put a gun to the man's head, and declared, "You should've thought before coming to betray me without anything." A gunshot echoed, and the once-begging man lay lifeless on the floor.

The mafia leader, Min Yoongi, instructed his guards to clean up, then casually took a seat. Switching on the TV, the news reported ten more people killed by the mafia, bodies found in lakes. Yoongi chuckled, realizing they had just discovered the aftermath of his actions weeks ago.

"I was watching the news; yeah, the people were killed by me weeks ago. Now, only their bodies are found. I'm Min Yoongi, the mafia leader of both MYG and BTS. I control both mafia factions. No one knows how I look; anyone who sees me invites death. I became the mafia leader of MYG after my dad; it's our family secret known only to us. I run a cafe, our family business covering up our mafia dealings. Entering my home, I found my sister, Jennie, arguing with her husband, Namjoon."

A year ago, Jennie married my friend Namjoon. I asked them about the shouting, saying, "What's your problem? Why are you shouting in the middle of the living room?" In a cold tone, Jennie explained, "Oppa, I want to go shopping with my friends, but he won't allow it." Namjoon added, "Hyung, you know our enemies are out there. What if something happens to her?" I suggested, "We can go shopping tomorrow. I have an important lecture, so I can't go with her. Ask her to take bodyguards." However, she refused to go with bodyguards.

Turning to Jennie, I said, "If you want to go shopping now, go with a bodyguard or stay home." She interrupted, "But Oppa, I can take care of myself. I don't need bodyguards." Cutting her off, I stated, "It's not safe outside for girls, Jennie. Girls are too weak to deal with men. Understand?" in a cold tone. Heading to my bedroom, I saw Jennie's face become sad. But what should I do? Girls are not as strong as men, which is why I was so protective over her. I love my sister, but I can't show her.

_____________

Late for my first day at college, I sprinted through the bustling streets, finally reaching Seoul University. Breathless, I introduced myself - Yn, an 19-year-old girl from India, fortunate to have earned a scholarship for my studies. Today marked the commencement of my college journey, and despite my tardiness, I managed to slip into class just in time.

Taking a seat next to two friendly girls, Mia and Lisa, the atmosphere eased. They greeted me with warm smiles and introduced themselves.

"Hey, Yn! I'm Mia, and this is Lisa. Nice to meet you!" Mia exclaimed.

"Likewise! I'm excited to start this journey with you guys," I replied.

As we exchanged pleasantries, our history teacher, the enigmatic Kim Namjoon, entered the room. Mia leaned in and whispered about his charisma, commenting on how attractive he was.

"Yn, check out Mr. Kim. He's so hot!" Mia teased.

"Well, let's not judge a book by its cover. Maybe he's married," I suggested.

Playing along, I convinced Mia to check his marital status. To our surprise, as we discreetly observed, he wore a wedding ring.

"Mia, take a look at his hand. Wedding ring alert!" I whispered.

"Wait, what? I thought he was single!" Mia responded in shock.

We chuckled about the unexpected revelation while Mr. Kim redirected our attention to the class material.

"Alright, everyone, let's focus on the lesson. Save the gossip for later," Mr. Kim declared.

After the class, I needed a moment to collect my thoughts, so I headed to the park to relax. There, I noticed a distressing scene - a girl being teased by a group of boys.

"Come on, just tell us your number!" one of the boys insisted.

"Leave me alone! I'm not interested!" the girl pleaded.

Driven by a sense of empathy, I decided to step in and help the girl facing unwarranted harassment.

"Hey, everything okay here?" I intervened.

"No, these guys won't leave me alone," the girl explained.

"Back off, guys. Respect her boundaries," I asserted.

"Who do you think you are?" one of the boys challenged.

"Someone who won't stand by while others are being harassed. Now, move along," I firmly responded.

They exchanged mocking glances before one of them, the apparent instigator, lunged forward. Reacting swiftly, I sidestepped his attack and delivered a well-placed kick, catching him off guard. The others, momentarily stunned, regrouped, and the skirmish intensified.

Fists flew as I deftly dodged their attempts to overpower me. Channeling my determination, I landed strategic punches and kicks, pushing them back. The girl watched wide-eyed, perhaps surprised by the unexpected turn of events.

Despite their initial bravado, the boys began to reconsider their aggressive stance. However, the instigator, fueled by pride, took another swing. This time, I expertly blocked his attack, seizing the opportunity to deliver a powerful counterstrike.

As the confrontation reached a fever pitch, a collective realization dawned on the boys. One by one, they exchanged glances, silently acknowledging that they were outmatched. In a surprising twist, the instigator, recognizing the futility of the situation, raised his hand, signaling a truce.

"Let's go, guys," he declared, his tone conceding defeat.

The others reluctantly followed suit, leaving the park in an abrupt ceasefire. Breathing heavily, I turned to the girl, who now wore a mix of awe and gratitude on her face.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice filled with relief.